• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

244 b230ft wc t5 trans swap, wacky gearing

Run WIDER tires for more gripsssssss. Run smaller diameter for better gearing... if that is really your problem.

There's a lot of people that have drifted stock NA volvo 240s with a 3.31 rear end and manual trans. I think you need to look elsewhere on why you're having issues with bogging.

I mean I have run smaller tires in the past and recently I just like the wider tires for better control while drifting, so I dont want to put smaller tires on to make a small difference in my hearing as a temporary solution. Like I said before, in cx some time, I'm gonna get the 4.10's in and give that a shot. That should help with most off the discomfort

I mean I have run smaller tires in the past and recently I just like the wider tires for better control while drifting, so I dont want to put smaller tires on to make a small difference in my hearing as a temporary solution. Like I said before, in cx some time, I'm gonna get the 4.10's in and give that a shot. That should help with most off the discomfort

I have the same exact problem you are have with my t5, hopefully going to be installing the 4.10 as well. Or maybe wait till you do so we can see if that helps haha

OP is providing plenty of useful information :roll:

That car should be very capable of breaking the tires loose.

I asked you a very simple question about a statement you did. Could you please answer.

I'll post it again :

There's a lot of people that have drifted stock NA volvo 240s with a 3.31 rear end and manual trans. I think you need to look elsewhere on why you're having issues with bogging.

Where are this "lot of people"?
Could you tell us where to look please?

I mean, maybe if we can find all those people, we could ask them what they did to "drift NA stock volvo 240s".

I have the same exact problem you are have with my t5, hopefully going to be installing the 4.10 as well. Or maybe wait till you do so we can see if that helps haha

That's a bummer, I wouldn't wait up though, this car wont be done until like April of 19. I gotta build a new long block and I'm getting the wasted spark set up for it too, and in the mean time I'll be getting the rear rebuilt. From what people are saying it should solve the issue with the shorter gears. Good to know I'm not the only one haha

I asked you a very simple question about a statement you did. Could you please answer.

I'll post it again :

Where are this "lot of people"?
Could you tell us where to look please?

I mean, maybe if we can find all those people, we could ask them what they did to "drift NA stock volvo 240s".

Your question "Could you tell us where to look please." was a little confusing when you highlighted "a lot of people" and " I think you should look elsewhere". I'm sorry I can't read your brain... Thought you were asking about how I was suggesting that the problem might be engine or engine management related and not gearing.

Vincent, I assume you've slid your NA 240 around before. On gravel and pavement, yes? How difficult was it? Can you do it in a gear higher than 2nd?

I've drifted a NA volvo 240 before. I'm not the first, I'm not the last. I've also drifted a turbo 240, and now I drift a 240 with a v8 in it. Once again, not the first to do it, or the last.
The fact that the OP is having "bogging" issues that are very poorly described leads me to think that there are more issues than just gearing here. I could take off without issue in my old turbo car using 2nd gear with a 6-puck ceramic clutch, without any bogging or drama.

That's a bummer, I wouldn't wait up though, this car wont be done until like April of 19. I gotta build a new long block and I'm getting the wasted spark set up for it too, and in the mean time I'll be getting the rear rebuilt. From what people are saying it should solve the issue with the shorter gears. Good to know I'm not the only one haha

Well I guess I?ll let you know how it goes then haha

Your question "Could you tell us where to look please." was a little confusing when you highlighted "a lot of people" and " I think you should look elsewhere". I'm sorry I can't read your brain... Thought you were asking about how I was suggesting that the problem might be engine or engine management related and not gearing.

Vincent, I assume you've slid your NA 240 around before. On gravel and pavement, yes? How difficult was it? Can you do it in a gear higher than 2nd?

I've drifted a NA volvo 240 before. I'm not the first, I'm not the last. I've also drifted a turbo 240, and now I drift a 240 with a v8 in it. Once again, not the first to do it, or the last.
The fact that the OP is having "bogging" issues that are very poorly described leads me to think that there are more issues than just gearing here. I could take off without issue in my old turbo car using 2nd gear with a 6-puck ceramic clutch, without any bogging or drama.

The reason I fully believe its gearing because I had no bogging issues if any sort until i put the trans in. The first time i drove the car out of the shop i stalled it cuz i didnt know i had to rev the piss out ocnit to get going. I guess bogging is a bad term because there is no power loss but power transition loss. I pulled the engine for a different car (putting a fresh engine in with the t5 car) and it's now in a 744 with the same set up and runs fine on the m46. That's why I KNOW it's a gearing issue

Back