• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+T cam shaft with manual tranny

Marvelous3

Who engineered this?
I have a b cam in the grey car right now. I'm in on the big valve kit with yoshi sprangs so I was going to swap cams while the head is apart. So, ipd turbo cam and send it? Kl racing?

Plan is for a 15g turbo but might/probably go up to a t3 super 60 or t3/4 50 trim.

Not many people do anything with 8v turbo aftermarket cams. Even though there is some good stuff to chose from.

Most everyone just swaps to an LS. :lol:

Not many people do anything with 8v turbo aftermarket cams. Even though there is some good stuff to chose from.

Most everyone just swaps to an LS. :lol:

I mean, that's probably in my future once I blow up one of these cars and it makes perfect sense why people go LS. Why spend 1k on a stupid 8v Volvo head when you can get an entire LQ4 from the yard for that same money.

Oh I wasn't putting it down. I was just commenting on a prevailing swap. I like swaps. It's a fine way to go. After all power costs money either way you slice it.

I'm happy with a redblock. So I make suggestions I know have been good for me. I have 135k miles on a V15 in my n/a wagon. I have about 86k miles on my turbo with a V15 turbo cam in it. Good stuff.

RSI turbo 3 with a RSI head with 48/40 valves (cost well more than a grand too) and it's a rippa. If your truck motor don't have a turbo on it I'll hurt your feelings!

the RSI turbo 2 was a little less rev demanding and had a stock idle in a stock head, I'd consider a similar grind.

Exactly. I bet even some with turbos will have trouble.

I'll stop derailing but a (friendly) older guy at a local cruise night came up to me while the car was idling and said "didn'tcha know you could have put a 5.0 in that instead of putting a muffler on your 4cyl" :lol:

I'll stop derailing but a (friendly) older guy at a local cruise night came up to me while the car was idling and said "didn'tcha know you could have put a 5.0 in that instead of putting a muffler on your 4cyl" :lol:

Lol. Tell that to the 2017 mustang 5.0 who was trying his best to catch me last week.

That is exactly the reason I still have an 8v. No one expects the tractor motor to do anything.

Does anyone still have specs on the RSI stage 3's? Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought RSI just copied something the Enem was already making.

Does anyone still have specs on the RSI stage 3's? Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought RSI just copied something the Enem was already making.

There's the dude out east of me in Mass who was profiling cams, I offered up my spare BNIB RSI 3 for him to spec out and he never answered :e-shrug:

Well talking about power bands above. The IPD turbo cam and V15 turbo cam are both 2000-6000 rpm powerband cams. So that is about right that the power starts going away at 6500 or so. The V16 shifts it up just a bit and give a nice bit more lift as well. Power band for V16 was 2500-6500 rpm.

But in general with street performance level flowed 8v head you get about another 1k rpms of power with a V15 in my experience. My engine easily spins to about 6800-7000 with power to the limit.

I will say this, taro on here had his car setup with a m46, 3.73 gears, a 15g and tcam with breakerless with the pin drilled out on a b21ft. Car was remarkably fun and easy to drive.

Back