• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 7xx/9xx Heater Valves?

MisterBLC

Ok, sick of these crappy plastic parts! Heater valve split and left my wife stranded on the side of the road. Thankfully the engine didn't overheat but I'm looking for a solution that doesn't suck. Any recommendations on a replacement heater valve that isn't plastic junk?

33079215708_5a0a30796f.jpg

46954622311_d81c6b6e38.jpg

It's winter? Avoid the problem? IDK, don't bother just put a sturdy male-bale barb on it and forget about it? That thing is only used on the max a/c / heat all the way off anyway?

Yeah definitely have it bypassed for now...I'm thinking ahead for when my wife wants colder AC in the summer :)

What they said.

I once used a straight through deep 13mm socket just to "get me home" (for the next 4 months).

The yg-136 is great,been using them for years.the first thing I do with a new to me 7/9 series is replace that valve. Consider it a wear item.

It's winter? Avoid the problem? IDK, don't bother just put a sturdy male-bale barb on it and forget about it? That thing is only used on the max a/c / heat all the way off anyway?

No relation to what mode the HVAC system is in. It's controlled strictly from the temp control side of things. Once you crack it off the full cold setting, the valve opens.

Swapping to the one TLAO posted functions the same way, except it allows coolant flow out of the back of the head even when you don't have the heat on. It also allows for more coolant flow thru the core so you actually get a little more heat in the dead of winter.

I've had that style on mine for several years as well, no issues.

Back