• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 16t turbo for plus T

xDread92x

Hey all,

I?m currently putting everything together for my plus t project. 90 240 b230f 300,000 miles.

I read on the forums that in order to put a 16t on a 240 you have to rotate the hot and cold housings. I would really like to get an angled flange because I know they have better flow. The problem is that when you rotate the hot side, the flange is then angled up instead of down.

Does this mean I have to go with straight flange to put a 16t on the 240? How much flow loss will I have?

Thanks

Well it seems like it would be a lot more work and will affect flow with a rotated flange that’s upwards and has to be fab’d downward to complete the exhaust.

So I guess straight flange would make the most sense. I thought the 16t was just plug n play. Unfortunately they have to be clocked to fit the b230

If you want to use the angled housing, do it. You just have to fab up the down pipe which won't be difficult. The angled housing flows slightly better but it's really negligible. The straight housing makes building the down pipe very easy.

I have never seen any flow measurement or back to back dyno comparison on this matter.

The outlet on my HY35 is only 2.5".

But I guess a TD04 with a tiny tiny 45mm turbine would benefit from a 4" exit. :lol:

it doesn't matter, the restriction on the two housings is well before the outlet flange. Run what you got, don't sweat the details right now.

I used a flat housing from a 15G on my 16T, would have been a bolt in solution except that I welded a v Band flange to mine, and had to build a new DP to match.

The rotation has to do with the compressor housing and center section, not necessarily the exhaust housing.

Back