• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230ft swap lh2.4 wiring questions

SolderedCam

I've been looking up info on swapping an na Lh2.4 740 to an lh2.4 b230ft that I'm getting from an 940. I've looked up info regarding the swap but most if not all only have info on the swap for early model 240's. I can't find anything related to the swap for later cars except I know that I'll need to extend the wiring for the AMM. Can anyone chime in and give a little more info on what's needs to be done? Like swapping the body harness or swapping the engine harness/splicing into it? Or do I just need to swap the Computers and extend the AMM to get it running. Any help/info is greatly appreciated!

37048730230_740a927212_k.jpg

This is an NA 940 LH2.4 wiring i converted to a 240 turbo. The AMM wire iirc was the one with the winding in it.
With some hose cutting, depinning a few connectors, I'm fairly sure you can manage to put the AMM any place you want in the bay.
Other important thing is to remove/depin/cut the WOT wire, from the throttle switch connector or at the LH connector, pin nr 3.
http://ipdown.net/jetronic.info/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=465&display

Turbos do not use it as far as i know. Maybe the turbo ecus doesnt even check that pin though, but its easy to depin that single wire.

Interesting, thank you for the information. I will have to look more into this. Will report back with what I am able to find.

37048730230_740a927212_k.jpg

This is an NA 940 LH2.4 wiring i converted to a 240 turbo. The AMM wire iirc was the one with the winding in it.
With some hose cutting, depinning a few connectors, I'm fairly sure you can manage to put the AMM any place you want in the bay.
Other important thing is to remove/depin/cut the WOT wire, from the throttle switch connector or at the LH connector, pin nr 3.
http://ipdown.net/jetronic.info/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=465&display

Thanks for the Heads up I'll be sure to do so!

What I'd try and do is leave the motor harness on the turbo 940 motor that you are putting in the na 740 and plug it into that plug on the firewall. That would be easiest.

That link is for using a NA 240 harness. I did that in my 89 lh2.2 740 turbo car, but since your 740 is already lh2.4 you don't have to take harnesses all apart or use a 240 na 2.4 harness or any of that bs. Should be fairly easy for you to do it.

Don't forget you have to add the resistor pack if your using stock turbo injectors.

Spelling "you"re" incorrectly makes you seem uneducated.

Higher flow fuel pump/s?

Larger sway/s.

Larger tires/wheels.

Last edited:
wut?

Here's the problem that guide thread by dat wanna be isn't what he needs for wut he's doing, but okay yeah you all is smarty morer dan me so do wut you want, I don't car no more.

Last edited:
On my 89 240 with lh 2.4 I swapped both ecus for the turbo ones before I did turbo install just to have it run and eliminate problems ..And it runs like **** tried 56x 9xx ecus and removed the white and blue wire from the tps ... idk what to do now since everyone says it just swap ecus and it'll be fine

Back