• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

For those wondering if they should pull the trigger on a set of IPD sway bars...

Fjergus

...do it. Just do it. I just sprung for a set of 25/25's on my 240, and I'm seriously pissed at myself that I didn't do it years ago. I got them used, but they're worth every penny even new. Yes, it really does make that much of a difference. Just do it.

When accounting for ease of install, not requiring alignment, and the minimal draw backs to ride quality (try to avoid going over speed bumps at an angle) I consider them the single best suspension upgrade for most applications!

One note- if you need to put down power in hard corners consider 22 rear (or even just a turbo bar) as the 25 rear would let my inside tire spin at the auto-x...even when it was just a NA B21!

No one buys ipd sways from ipd. We all find them used on here or at the junkyard. /TB

:-P

But yes, they are a must-buy for those wanting better handling.

No one buys ipd sways from ipd. We all find them used on here or at the junkyard. /TB

:-P

But yes, they are a must-buy for those wanting better handling.

+1
Junkyard all day.
I currently am hoarding all the ones i find that arent blue LOL. Typically ill pass on a set of billy struts or blue bars weekly. Theyre easy to find in the yards. Found a TME catback a while back.

Junkyards, FTW.

I restored a set of IPD bars once. Hardware replated, new bushings from IPD and even got them to give me 2 new stickers. Then the powder coater decided to bend me over that time and charged me $200 for the 2 bars. :owned:
Next time I'll just buy new ones.... :grrr:

P3070065_zps353486a5.jpg

P3070064_zps4122466d.jpg

Naww i installed rear and front sway bars on my 90' 760 and it wasn't that big of a difference. I even bought the brace, so like 400$ worth of stuff. Its better definitely but not extreme where i'd say you need to.

How much do junkyards want for sets of ipd sways in the USA? I realise that's a very open ended question.

There aren't any in junkyards over here in the U.K., I'm sort of thinking of buying a set new... but if a second hand set over there was cheap enough that even after shipping it was worth sending them over I might consider that.

Cheers

Naww i installed rear and front sway bars on my 90' 760 and it wasn't that big of a difference. I even bought the brace, so like 400$ worth of stuff. Its better definitely but not extreme where i'd say you need to.

Wat. I have the ipd rear, double front sways and cherry lower brace and it made a hell of a difference.

I wish I lived in an area where there actually are 240's in junkyards. It's rare that we get any 240's, much less upgraded parts on one.

Got news for you All just trying out big sways, that is just part of it. Strut braces will make a even bigger Improvment. Upper and lower and I tried all this in stages as I could afford to buy some. Now I want the best one out there, the one that Ben does.

How much do junkyards want for sets of ipd sways in the USA? I realise that's a very open ended question.

There aren't any in junkyards over here in the U.K., I'm sort of thinking of buying a set new... but if a second hand set over there was cheap enough that even after shipping it was worth sending them over I might consider that.

Cheers

I paid $150 for iPd front/rear sway bars, adjustable torque rods, adjustable panhard, koni shocks, and front strut brace. (Then an extra $200 for the wheels and tires)

Nice haul! I guess you were really lucky? $150 would make it worth shipping the parts over to the U.K. Rather than buying them here... even with shipping that would be a lot less.

No chance of finding parts like that on a junkyard 240 here, be lucky to find a 240 full stop to be honest...

I restored a set of IPD bars once. Hardware replated, new bushings from IPD and even got them to give me 2 new stickers. Then the powder coater decided to bend me over that time and charged me $200 for the 2 bars. :owned:

Restore it to aftermarket? /RWC

I paid $150 for iPd front/rear sway bars, adjustable torque rods, adjustable panhard, koni shocks, and front strut brace. (Then an extra $200 for the wheels and tires)

+1

This is about bay area avg also. i can get a set of bars w endlinks and bushings out of the yard for less than 40.

P3070065_zps353486a5.jpg

P3070064_zps4122466d.jpg

His powder coat work looks good tho... Just saying. Although 2 bars at 200 it shoulda been 24k powder or something....:rofl:

Ok, that's much cheaper than the uk... Bay Area? My older brother lives in San Francisco, sounds like I should send him on a mission and pay for his excess baggage next time he visits the U.K.

Where are these yards full of 240s laden with aftermarket goodies? Any close to San Francisco?

Back