• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

redblock straight eight?

Could you just weld the cranks nose to tail and megasquirt it or something? Not should you, but could you. Benchrace yoloswag, but what would need to be done to make it happen?

A flexible coupling would probably be a better idea, you know, so you can service the belts on the rear engine without cutting them apart every time.

I was thinking some sort of sprocket held together with a chain. They built some twin v8 thing on monster garage and used something like that. Is there like a tried and true way to hook two cranks together, or would I just need to get creative?
Ot? Its a performance modification, no less feasible than all these noobs asking about how psi and whatnot.

Not really trying to pay anyone here. Have access to necessary resources.

It's been done many times in the worlds of big buck drag racing, salt flats, tractor pulls, semi tractor pulls-but horrendously - even astronomically and absurdly expensive, convoluted and needing constant and very extensive fettering. It's a very interesting and stimulating challenge- but only for courage and pocketbooks extending beyond lunacy.

One of the hottest I ever saw was two big bore road bike GSXR cranks sculpted into an impressive HP to weight advantage- in FOUR wheels.
But better for dreaming than doing, at least for this little boy with little boy pockets.

Not talking v8s or tractor pulls. Just sticking two together, and megasquirting it. Custom intake, custom header. Would it need a shared oilpan? Bigger waterpump or just run the two stockers? How would you do it turbobricks?

Not talking v8s or tractor pulls. Just sticking two together, and megasquirting it. Custom intake, custom header. Would it need a shared oilpan? Bigger waterpump or just run the two stockers? How would you do it turbobricks?

We know, but those 2 examples have been done, no different doing a V8 than doing a straight 4.

See how those had been done, learn from example.

Why would it need a shared oil pan?

make an adapter to bolt them together, but I don't see an easy way to transmit power to the front pulley. The snout would need machining to attach the adapter and transmit the power, adapter would run wp also

make an adapter to bolt them together, but I don't see an easy way to transmit power to the front pulley. The snout would need machining to attach the adapter and transmit the power, adapter would run wp also

I wouldn't want them solidly attached to each other, too many things that can and will go wrong.

Two redblocks bolted to a planetary gear box, mated to a transaxle mounted longitudinally. Then you take one of the output shafts and custom fab a drive shaft to a Dana 44. It could be done in a week or less, Yoshifab makes kits.

Or just get a Pontiac or Buick straight 8. I watched a YouTube video many moons ago of a guy running a Buick 8 turbo at Bonneville. Made ~240mph iirc, and the hole shot was insane because of the shear torque. Chrysler did a concept car with two neon motors, in lies the failure there in the latter. The means has been around since the 30's. I think '53 or '54 was the death of most of the American 8s.

My buddy has a 32 Buick with a mildly modded straight 8. It leaves the line pretty good, but you have to shift for 2nd at 3-4 MPH.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aKbamfeZf7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back