• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inks Lake Texas State Park Meet

GhengisKhan

I didn't take many pictures but had an adventure with the ATX crew trying to get out there.

Had some electrical problems where everything (and I mean everything electrical) went kaput except my speedo (not pictured are my 52mm gauges that weren't getting any power):

IMG_0344.jpg

Found it's hard to keep one's car cool in the Texas heat without an e-fan:

IMG_0342.jpg

But everything turned out alright:

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Apologies for splitting early. I did learn that in the future I should probably bring my R! :rofl:

;-)

Nice pictures. I'll upload mine sometime next week.

It looks like your temp compensator board is out of whack, or your rad and thermostat are not working efficiently. At that speed, the majority of your cooling is from oncoming air and not the fan.

Naw, the first picture is when there is no voltage, the second was right after a traffic light and I mashed it down to get up to speed quickly. At highway speed with the e-fan off it usually rests right below the middle dot.

dude, you bought a v70r?
and you're how old?
:wtf:

Yep. 19.

Was it not turning on? You need a larger fan!

My e-fan never kicks in at 55.

I have it wired to a switch, not a thermostatic sender. Had I turned it on at that point sitting at a stop light it would have run for 30 seconds and then everything electrical would have shut off from low current. I'll see tomorrow what's going on - could I have too many electrical-ness-ness in my car? Gauges, lights, e-fan, radio, etc...?

Yep. 19.

I have it wired to a switch, not a thermostatic sender. Had I turned it on at that point sitting at a stop light it would have run for 30 seconds and then everything electrical would have shut off from low current. I'll see tomorrow what's going on - could I have too many electrical-ness-ness in my car? Gauges, lights, e-fan, radio, etc...?

A larger (or at least working alt) to handle the load would be nice. Also look into a yellowtop.

haha, i work at a fitness/ tennis club as well, but i don't anymore, or for right now.
need something above min wage!
I also do garden work, etc...
lol, sell fire works? illegally?

Mmhmmm, my fitness has more to do with power lifting. None of that pansy, sissy, running around chasing balls.

Yes, at a warehouse. No, not illegally.

You ask more questions than a girl - you must be interested in me. :love:

Back