• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

140 series 7" wide wheel et (or backspacing)?

I also have some interest in this discussion... Would there be any drive-ability benefits or disadvantages to putting those bertone multispoke 15x7s on the 145? I have a couple sets and figured I'd toss them on one day and just see if it worked, but it's been cold out

The guy at Corsa Wheels is suggesting a backspacing of 5.0 on a 15 x 7 - which is a 25ET
Given that the Bertone wheels are 15 x 7 with 20ET that extra 5mm should bring the wheels in more, and maybe reduce that rubbing under compression that that you mentioned, Ken?

I'm looking for the "translate to english" button.

I'm not sure where those numbers are coming from, and what they all represent.
I asked about 7 inch rims, and you're starting the equation with 6.5?
Where is the 25.4 coming from? That sounds like the overall tire diameter?

Are you saying that on a 7 inch wide rim that 4.82 would be the maximum backspacing?

Backspacing is backspacing steel or alloy, you're still measuring from the back edge of the wheel to the mounting surface so it is for all intents and purposes an equivalent measurement regardless of material or width.

[Clearing the suspension on the interior / hub side of the wheel.]

25.4mm per inch to deal with the 40mm et in the middle of the equation and then back to inches for an answer 'Mericans can relate to.

6.5" is the overall width of the widest stock wheel that barely fits.

Oh and Tfrasca is running 16's so that's definitely oranges and apples.

Last edited:
The guy at Corsa Wheels is suggesting a backspacing of 5.0 on a 15 x 7 - which is a 25ET
Given that the Bertone wheels are 15 x 7 with 20ET that extra 5mm should bring the wheels in more, and maybe reduce that rubbing under compression that that you mentioned, Ken?

No look again at my equation 5" is too much backspacing for a 140.

TDLR: 140 offset is basically front wheel drive offset not rear wheel drive offset.

What size tire you running?
Are you using adaptors to fit them?

205/50r16 on those wheels. No adapters, I had them redrilled to 108. I also have a set of 15x7 with 5.25 backspacing, and I am running 225/50 on those with no rubbing. But, like Ken said, my rear axle is in a different spot than yours.

205/50r16 on those wheels. No adapters, I had them redrilled to 108. I also have a set of 15x7 with 5.25 backspacing, and I am running 225/50 on those with no rubbing. But, like Ken said, my rear axle is in a different spot than yours.

That's the size tire I'd like to run on the 15's
Any chance I could try bolting those 15 x 7s on my car and see if they fit?
I'm more visual, than mathematical...

That's the size tire I'd like to run on the 15's
Any chance I could try bolting those 15 x 7s on my car and see if they fit?
I'm more visual, than mathematical...

Definitely. They're brand new Corsa Steelies I had custom made, and they have essentially new Toyo Proxes r888r. I bought them with the intent on autocrossing the car a bit, but I doubt that'll happen now that other life stuff has come up. I'd happily sell them, but I'm sure you don't want r compound tires to drive around on the street...

Definitely. They're brand new Corsa Steelies I had custom made, and they have essentially new Toyo Proxes r888r. I bought them with the intent on autocrossing the car a bit, but I doubt that'll happen now that other life stuff has come up. I'd happily sell them, but I'm sure you don't want r compound tires to drive around on the street...

Ha! LOL. I just talked with Arman and he was telling me about your wheels, but he said they were 5.0 backspacing???
I'd be interested. Are they black???.
I'll pm you my phone #
Thanks!

TESLA X Unique Series 83 Black Wheels 83-7714

crr-83-7714_xl.jpg

Nice, but I think 5.5 is a tad too much backspacing.
The Corsa wheels I bought from Tyler are 5.25 backspacking (15 x 7) and they fit fine.
I would actually like them to be out a tad closer to the wheel openings actually - which would require rolling the openings, but would get them more flush.
If I can find a set of the shorter early trailing arms I won't have to do any modifications to run them with the 225/50/15 tires.
Even with the 71 trailing arms they are not rubbing, but are a bit too close for comfort around the rear of the wheel openings, so I may end up trimming a small amount out of the way if I can't find a set of the early trailing arms.

Buy the stock RWD 15x5.5" Volvo steel rims then have a 1.5" band added on the outside. Worked perfectly on my 145, 245, 744T, 964, 965. The set I had made (by a stock car wheel builder) now wears 225/50 R15 race rubber.

Buy the stock RWD 15x5.5" Volvo steel rims then have a 1.5" band added on the outside. Worked perfectly on my 145, 245, 744T, 964, 965. The set I had made (by a stock car wheel builder) now wears 225/50 R15 race rubber.

:nod:

Now to find a 75 164 in the junkyard with 4 good wheels on it.

Back