View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #12
Spark
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Chair View Post
Wiring for the taillights changed 84-85 with the addition of rear fog running lights, but if your circuit boards are good you're GTG with a swap
I'm always a fan of more lighting, good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Chair View Post
All that said it's probably worth more as it sits than after you molest it but have fun anyway!
I know I'm largely driven by the nostalgia factor of my old 245 and roadtrips in a friend's 244. Is it worth enough that to justify limiting the modifications for future resale and if so, where do you draw the line? I do like the classic look & wheels, so those are safe, but is replacing the k-jet & intake with a custom electronic fuel injection system a bad move? I've always found the mechanical fuel injection adds a lot of lag to the throttle response making cars equipped with it feel more sluggish and sickly (by modern standards). I converted a number of Porsches (and others) for customers of the race shops I worked at ~15 years ago, I have no idea if it devalued their cars, but it sure made them more lively. To me, a car has to put a smile on your face when you drive it or it's a utility vehicle and has no value beyond the work it can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duder View Post
I'm sure you could get the later e-codes to fit, but the trim and mounting and side-to-side width will all be different and not look good with your hood, grille, or fenders.
I definitely don't want to head down that road, the original bodywork is in much too good of shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duder View Post
This is also an '81.
Car's should have faces, most do, the quad lights kind of mess that up, while those big E-codes definitely give the car a wearing-oversize-glasses look.
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote