• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Official LH2.4 EZK Wasted Spark Conversion - Installation Instructions

Plus when I checked with the overseas vendor, they wanted like 400 USD for it... Karl wants 65... I need to go find my emails for the coil and module... most places get over 100 for each, but I got both total for less than that, brand new

That price is for a complete kit with coil, brackets, wiring etc.

The complete pcb is about the same price.

It works!! Thanks to ipdown for helping me figure it out. Karl's board uses NPN transistors to switch the coils' path to ground; these VAG coils I'm using have to use PNP transistors to switch a 5v power feed. So I went to radioshack, got a few transistors (2n3096 I believe), a few 1k ohm resistors, and a small round pcb to mount them on.
And after that whole mess, I had the leads coming out of the EZK box switched, so I was a little angry at first... switched the output leads and she fired right up!

Which coils specifically did you use? I'm thinking of using the standard Volvo application ME7 coils (Bosch 00117)

Did you make a schematic for the COP variation? It's still 1-4, 2-3 correct? Not individual signals..

Hey Karl

Do you know if your board is compatible with the IGN-4 module that diyauto sells?? Not trying to plug anyone In your thread, but I was curious if it could considering I am looking to build my own megasquirt in the near future and it would be mega dope if I can re-use components.

Thanks

It has an input for each cylinder. The waste spark board here has an output for cylinders 1 and 3, and another for 2 and 4. You may be able to feed 2 of the inputs on the IGN-4 with each of the outputs of this board. Do you know what it requires for input voltage/current?

Which coils specifically did you use? I'm thinking of using the standard Volvo application ME7 coils (Bosch 00117)

Did you make a schematic for the COP variation? It's still 1-4, 2-3 correct? Not individual signals..

No way to use COP on the Fiat - no clearance.

I tried the hotmail in his profile - it's not a valid email it seems :-(

Fabian from BTI got back to me today, so I have a board coming from them.

Got the coil pack off Amazon, and 3pole JPT connector from Mouser. J723T power stage off eBay, with pigtails (used).

Have to change the cable ends on my Kingsborne 8mm wire set, or get a new set made, whichever is more cost effective.

I have to edit that post that everyone keeps quoting, because OC2 and IB2 are switched

Hi there.

Trying to figure out which of these posts has the correct wiring for the Mitsu power stage...

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-11%20at%208.32.40%20AM_zpsxhjadkzh.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-27%20at%208.13.46%20PM_zpseaft1thu.png

Can you please advise?

EDIT: Just follow this schematic?

BuchkaWastedSparkWiring_zpsrvmmbglw.jpg

OC2 - to Coilpack Pin 1
IB2 - from WSB output 2-3

correct?

Last edited:
Not all the board had this problem. I bought a few of these board from Karl. Some had these 2 mislabeled. Switched.

Is it just me or are people having problems getting a hold of Karl? Ordered my board from him and still no dice.???

Not good. Not good. I'd like to order 3 of these boards, which are needed for various projects.

Last update on the Buchka Engineering Facebook page was around September 14 2016, and it appeared he was still selling them then, but what about now?

Circumstances can change significantly in that amount of time.

On Saturday, I sent an email to the address he uses for his Paypal.

If there's no response by next Saturday, I guess he's bored with these boards.

Trying to clarify once and for all the actual wiring of the relay with transistor and resistor for use in cases where stock wiring has been modified / removed.

There is the pic from MS, 500's sketch, and the photo of Karl's actual relay (transistor has shrink wrap so I cannot categorically state which pin is collector & which is emitter. To remove any confusion I'd like to clarify the physical connections required to the relay. I made a diagram with all three plus what appears to me to be the actual wiring required (fig. d), based on the photo of Karl's relay (fig. c)

I have assumed "stock ignition output pin" refers to the feed from EZK box to pin 5 on the stock powerstage, since coil neg and tach feed are connected.

Based on these references, 4 wire connections at the relay are required:

Relay ground (30) - 2N5551 emitter (1)
Spark signal (87) - 2N5551 base (2) via 1k ohm resistor
Signal to tach (85) - 2N5551 collector (3)
VBat to relay coil (86)

Can this be confirmed by someone who's done it?

Last edited:
As I've gotten a couple of PMs about this:

Been in touch with Fabian at Bijlsma Technical Innovations, who replied to my email very quickly (in this silly season, too, which impressed me) with a complete price list for his wasted spark boards and kits, which aren't listed yet on the bijlsmatechnicalinnovations.nl website.

He offers a wide range of choices starting with the board and connector only, right through to a complete kit which includes brackets, coils, etc, as well as a range of EZK and LH 2.4 chips.

A customer of Fabian's has also written to me to say that he's very pleased with the quality and design of his wasted spark board.

Is it just me or are people having problems getting a hold of Karl? Ordered my board from him and still no dice.???

Unfortunately... I ordered a board from Karl last year, and ended up having to refute the purchase with Paypal when Karl was unresponsive for what was nearly two months.

I was OK with any sort of delay, but he just... never got back to me. Not sure he responded to the Paypal dispute either, but rather just let it time out, at which point money was auto-refunded.

It sucks because I really wanted to buy another board or two from Karl, but thankfully it looks like Fabian/Blabla will be selling an alternative.

It sucks because I really wanted to buy another board or two from Karl, but thankfully it looks like Fabian/Blabla will be selling an alternative.

The BTI version has been available for a couple of years. I would rather have bought from Karl, simply because he has given much support here, however the BTI version is no different in function in terms of WS. No launch, etc. Works as intended.

Back