• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

email notifications not working

Dunno on your color Scotty. Did you recently change your email addy?

But yes, Kyle has a thread going about this, pinged Dana about it. I'm going to merge this one over with Kyle's so you can check in over there. ;)

short version:

turbobricks redirects to tbforums, dns mismatch causes ISP's to drop our email due to spam filters. I changed the email source address to match 'boardadmin@tbforums.com' as well but i'm thinking theres other things going on as well.

This seems to be a problem again. Last year notifications stopped working for my primary email. Never have been able to restore it.

Now the secondary address is not receiving notifications. Looks like it stopped on August 11th.

Dave B.

This seems to be a problem again. Last year notifications stopped working for my primary email. Never have been able to restore it.

Now the secondary address is not receiving notifications. Looks like it stopped on August 11th.

Dave B.

They haven't worked for a long time for me. Randomly I'll get an email.

Yeah my understanding is that the server is set up for @tbforums.com but the email is from @turbobricks.com domain which causes people to blacklist our site. It'll get fixed when it all gets forwarded to tbforums.com

What, you didn't get the notification Kyle?

I think Dana might have higher priorities than this place most of the time, since he has a life/family/kids/job/etc.

But I did mention it when you first brought it up, so no, you're not the special one that we ignored. :-P

If it was a simple fix... it'd been done already. unfortunately its related to much bigger issues that require some significant redesign.

Is this still an open issue? Just started doing this to me about a week ago.

I'm fairly certain this is a direct results of peoples email providers blacklisting the domain turbobricks.com but i'll enable some logging on my end just to make sure.

Back