• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boost blending using flex

t8fanning

8v are still cool, right?
I am using MS3Pro and have two blend curves based on my flex. One is the basic blend curve, and the second is a boost blend curve that goes between two target tables. At 60% flex, my boost blend curve is at 100% table 2, so my boost setting should be commanded only by table 2. However, when I input a target of 305 kpa to table 2, my boost duty table is looking at cells just above 275 kpa. Only when I input a target of something like 33 kpa do I get a boost duty for 305 kpa. My main flex blend curve does not dictate 100% tables 2 at 60% flex. Does this table affect the boost control, or is there another multiplier or blend function I could be missing?

If anyone cares, I've figured out what is causing it to happen, but I don't understand why the software works that way. Blend curve 8 controls blending between the two tables for all values based on ethanol content. Blend curve 6 controls blending between the two tables for boost only. Blend curve 8 overrides blend curve 6 and scales back boost. It doesn't make sense to me why this is programmed that way, but it is. I made a post in msextra to try and get some more insight:

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=69535

interesting. I wouldn't have expected that behavior either, it'll be interesting to see what they say about it.

A guy on msextra showed me my real problem. I was trying to control boost two ways. I was using dual fuel which uses the same flex blend curve as AFR, spark and VE, and my separate boost blend curve. Once I turned off the boost table switch setting in the dual fuel tab it stopped scaling.

So megasquirt works as expected, the problem was between keyboard and chair as usual.

A guy on msextra showed me my real problem. I was trying to control boost two ways. I was using dual fuel which uses the same flex blend curve as AFR, spark and VE, and my separate boost blend curve. Once I turned off the boost table switch setting in the dual fuel tab it stopped scaling.

So megasquirt works as expected, the problem was between keyboard and chair as usual.

always hate it when you discover it's a pebkac.

Back