• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's orphan 220 amazon wagon

Also I'm not a fan of the 122 seat really. Mine are re-webbed with the correct stuff and I still am not comfortable on all day drives. That's going to have to be addressed.

I haven't. The straps keep me from sagging to the floor but I wouldn't be surprised if the foam was sagging too, I mean they are original 1967.

When you're sitting in them your lower back is still too low IMO. The seat bar is still all up in your back.

The car's down again.

So when we were in glacier I left the rear of the car jacked up for a couple of days to replace a blown air bag. Noticed when I got back in the car that the clutch was right at the top of the pedal, uncomfortably so.

The car had a vibration at ~65 mph the whole trip, so I took the driveshaft out to be re-balanced. I had swapped the yoke previously after destroying the original one. So again, car jacked up, on stands in the rear for a few days. Put the driveshaft back in it, and now...clutch won't release. Nothing. It's like the release bearing is sticking somehow. I'll have to take the trans out next week and investigate.

Won't release or won't engage? If it won't engage, try popping the bleeder on the clutch slave. If there isn't any free travel on the pedal, it could be holding pressure in the line.

Won't release. The line isn't holding pressure, we confirmed that. The Tilton release bearing is either hanging up on itself, or moving around on the bearing retainer somehow. The plan is to take the trans out tonight and investigate. I hope it didn't damage the pressure plate fingers, I really don't want to have to buy a clutch as well.

3BHpfKf.jpg

That looks great! About to work on mine. Were they originally back or grey ? did you have to touchup the logo on warning lights? how?

congratulations on the Jalopnik article, how did they find you ?

ps if you ever find a driver 220 taillight body panel please keep me in mind, I need one for my 220

Last edited:
That looks great! About to work on mine. Were they originally back or grey ? did you have to touchup the logo on warning lights? how?

congratulations on the Jalopnik article, how did they find you ?

ps if you ever find a driver 220 taillight body panel please keep me in mind, I need one for my 220

They were originally grey. I'm thrilled with how it turned out, and the SEM stuff was super easy to use. I did not touch up the warning light logo, I just used the best I could find out of my multiple cars.

Thanks! I emailed them a while back for project of the month. I sent them a follow-up email to touch base and tell them that I was doing the trip, it all went from there.

I'll look around, but what I have left is probably not going to be in awesome shape. Which panel do you need exactly?

They were originally grey. I'm thrilled with how it turned out, and the SEM stuff was super easy to use. I did not touch up the warning light logo, I just used the best I could find out of my multiple cars.

Thanks! I emailed them a while back for project of the month. I sent them a follow-up email to touch base and tell them that I was doing the trip, it all went from there.

I'll look around, but what I have left is probably not going to be in awesome shape. Which panel do you need exactly?

Good to know on grey. Love SEM. Funny how the beveled section of the cluster you cant even see on the Amazon.

I watched some videos on restoring steering wheel plastics - looks pretty damn easy. Nothing like a nice feeling steering wheel.

keep up the great work.

basically the same thing you had to do on your passenger side but dont need as much toward the front of the car.

deZqr4kl.jpg

ogMzhDal.jpg

Well I got the trans back out of this thing. The release bearing is fine visually, but was sticking out probably 10mm when I removed it. I was able to free it up, but the piston will still hang in the housing if you don't press on the bearing race exactly square. As I said earlier this problem was caused by jacking the rear of the car up and letting it sit...so I don't know wtf I could do to change it. I'm skeptical about just throwing it back into the car, so I'm exploring other options. I've sent emails to both Tilton and McLeod about it, hopefully I come up with something soon, I want to drive this damn thing again.

I went to peterpalooza in NJ this past weekend and Owen shot some sweet pictures:

6rgDRfJ.jpg

B9QBey3.jpg

The car is running great. I'm super happy with the power of the engine, the torque is plentiful and extremely useful. I can just punch it in 4th or 5th and it will pass traffic easily. Plus it's still super rowdy when you rev it. I do need to take the trans back out, I think my flywheel is a bit out of balance. Hopefully that and other small things can be addressed over the winter.

Last edited:
Nice plates. Did you do the whole send-a-rubbing-of-the-chassis-number to Vermont and they send you plates & a title for next to nothing, sight unseen?

No I just filled out the form online and they sent me plates sight unseen. It wasn't cheap though, you owe them 7% of NADA book value on tax. I'll be transferring to NC here soon.

Thanks man, it's a blast! I'm honestly surprised at how well everything is working out. It's still a hooptie in a lot of ways but mechanically it's pretty good and proving to be reliable.

So FINALLY. I took a video in this thing. It's loud, a little sketchy, lots of stuff rattles. But I love it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4RucKuNWeZs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I do at least have a dash pad and windshield trim in there now, so it's not quite as rough.

Man! That looks like so much fun! I LOVE the slightly uneven sound of a five cylinder. What’s the redline on that?

Last edited:
Back