• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Installed the IPD seat grid in the driver's seat. Scored $3.47 in loose change and some debris I'd rather not think about.

I searched. Does a flat hood fit on an '87? If memory serves there's a cowl fitment problem.

It fits but it will not align as previously stated
IMG011.jpg

The fit issue is where the hood drops in the center, but the cowl goes straight across?

Nice looking 240 BTW.
Yes it is misaligned there. Does not affect function at all only form
Thx for the compliments but as you will find here the car is not as purdy as it used to be

Wow. Of all the cars I have bought and sold, I think I have seen maybe one or two of them later. Really unusual.

I had an idea while I was jogging. You know how guys will jack up the back of the hood to vent under hood heat? Well how about a flat hood, jacked up so now the center is even with the cowl, but the sides vent over the fenders?

OK. Next problem...

I have three gauge clusters: The original, broken electric speedo / no tach. An old cable speedo with a tach. And a "working" electric speedo with tach.

I swapped in the "working" electric speedo / tach unit and the car would not run. So I unplugged everything and it ran. So, then took the tach out of analogue speedo assembly and put that in the original broken electric speedo and it runs, has a functioning tach, but still has the broken speedo.

Busted out the Bentley. Says if both the odometer and the speedometer are inop, to check the sending unit on the axle. Seems reasonable.

Alrighty. Along the way, somebody had swapped the plastic relay for the metal one. Now the headlights work. Added a ground, replaced a bulb, and followed Redwood's tail light photos: brake, fog, tail and reverse lamps are not functioning. Woot!

Spent $100 at IPD. (Call it $2200 altogether.) New floor mats, etc.

Couple of junk yard runs. I think I have all the interior trim now.

Took the family out in her for the first time. Suspension didn't bottom with four inside. Good deal.

Having fun.

021-M.jpg

033-M.jpg

Pleased with my moto / rack solution I headed out to the woods today. Cruising the center lane with another vehicle to my left, a semi swung wide and clipped the bike as I passed by. Two tie downs broke, two held. I drug the machine on her side for a short distance. Everybody is OK. Moto damage is not severe. No damage to car. Driver was cool. Meh.

023-M.jpg

019-M.jpg

038-M.jpg

039-M.jpg

Went to another salvage yard. These cars are so plentiful. Always find something I need. Snagged two mirrors, a right tail lamp and a (non-rusty) lug wrench.

010-M.jpg

Took forever to get all that sealant (around the tail lamp) off the quarter. Yuck.

011-M.jpg

IPD Garage Sale in a month. Gotta keep moving...

Back