• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Say that is pretty cool. I think I found my people...

Though he's probably got more in that wing, than I have in my car. Well, on second thought, maybe not...

Toyota-MR2-Thailand-2-759x500.jpg

But TB is about more than just the coolest cars on the planet. It's about exchanging recipes and saving the whales. The Volvo's are merely the commonality of this global movement for the betterment of mankind.

Last edited:
Almost bought that turbo 740 for $300. Thought about it. But RW said he would never talk to me again in this lifetime. Unless I come back as a whale.

But TB is about more than just the coolest cars on the planet. It's about exchanging recipes and saving the whales. The Volvo's are merely the commonality of this global movement for the betterment of mankind.

:wtf:

No actually I think you have it all wrong, Roy, Eric, Ian, Jack, Luke, James and I are about the only recyclers / practicing ecologists on here the rest are would be car guys with a clutch of hand tools in one hand and a death wheel in the other feverishly intent on turning up the boost and wasting as much gas and machinery as possible to go almost as fast as a new Camry.

:w00t:

Last edited:
Pulled a rack and a steering shaft, chrome oil fill cap, and hood release cable clamp today. Like to bed-line the rockers before Davis. Got to fix a leak at the thermo housing. Replaced the o-ring, but there is pitting on the surface of the head. May try some light file work, but FIPG may be the solution. I remain optimistic that this car shall provide entertaining opportunities for improvement for the foreseeable future.

Almost bought that turbo 740 for $300. Thought about it. But RW said he would never talk to me again in this lifetime. Unless I come back as a whale.

:bs:

You asked me how difficult it would be to get a B230FT in your car, and I simply pointed out the issues and rabbit hole / pitfalls in doing so.

:godlike:

Besides you know you really want to rip out the most reliable EFI Volvo ever used and get that no start you've been wanting, predicting and lusting after.

:pow:

Pulled a rack and a steering shaft, chrome oil fill cap, and hood release cable clamp today. Like to bed-line the rockers before Davis. Got to fix a leak at the thermo housing. Replaced the o-ring, but there is pitting on the surface of the head. May try some light file work, but FIPG may be the solution. I remain optimistic that this car shall provide entertaining opportunities for improvement for the foreseeable future.

No PS pump boss?

The itch for ft is strong... make sure you own jack stands

Funny thing is that I'm happy with the NA. But there was this ad on CL that was calling to me. The guy kept cutting his price. I could pull the plus T stuff, take the G80. Then sell the Hydras, etc for the $300 purchase price.

Thankfully the ad is gone so I won't be tormented any more.

Now I do have a lead on a 16V...

She had these sweet springs under her. The guy must have lived on a bumpy road as the exhaust and oil pan were smashed. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I can return the IPD springs.

IMG_6921-M.jpg

She had these sweet springs under her. The guy must have lived on a bumpy road as the exhaust and oil pan were smashed. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I can return the IPD springs.

IMG_6921-M.jpg

Do the smaller diameter springs allow for more strut adjustment (camber / caster)? Assuming the mount is adjustable. Seems like the mount diameter would be nearly the same as the OE spring, therefore a net gain of nil.

Back