• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just Can't Stay Away 1972 142S

As long as I can just unbolt and not cut I am willing to give it a shot lol

bring it in, ill bring the electric impact, and I am sure we can figure it out ... lets ask that guy above - i am sure it unbolts without needing to cut it off...

bring it in, ill bring the electric impact, and I am sure we can figure it out ... lets ask that guy above - i am sure it unbolts without needing to cut it off...

Please dont take the bumpers off. That is sooo hipster douchey status. Plus you better hope you dont get hit. I put my bumpers back on because its a cool look but theres always that what happens if... anyways i am very glad you are using the parts you got from me. The car looks amazing with those wheels.

Please dont take the bumpers off. That is sooo hipster douchey status. Plus you better hope you dont get hit. I put my bumpers back on because its a cool look but theres always that what happens if... anyways i am very glad you are using the parts you got from me. The car looks amazing with those wheels.

+1

It's not an Indy car.

+1

It's not an Indy car.

Just what I wanted to hear, I like the slim chrome bumpers that are on it. I think they look classy and match the polished wheels. If removing the bumpers is as simple as unbolting I might do it just to see how it looks. But I think they will be on to stay.

140's look ok without a front bumper, but they're very vulnerable without one.

My front bumper was mangled so I took it off. The reason the center section is flat black is because a customer (ironically driving another 142) backed into my car, so I had to remove the panel, drill the spot welds to gain access to the damaged area and pound out the dent.

Then there's the license plate issue. You're required to have a front plate in California and there's no good place to mount one.

142Front.jpg

Ahhh bummer about your 142 and I like your tucked plate...

But I think the older models with no vents look good :-D i.e. mine :-D

My front bumper was mangled so I took it off. The reason the center section is flat black is because a customer (ironically driving another 142) backed into my car, so I had to remove the panel, drill the spot welds to gain access to the damaged area and pound out the dent.

Then there's the license plate issue. You're required to have a front plate in California and there's no good place to mount one.

Last edited:
Just what I wanted to hear, I like the slim chrome bumpers that are on it. I think they look classy and match the polished wheels. If removing the bumpers is as simple as unbolting I might do it just to see how it looks. But I think they will be on to stay.

Don't bother it will look like this for a bit when it comes back from paint if you do indeed give it some paint it probably needs by now.

Keep the bumpers on :-D

[/URL]

+2

142Front.jpg

OK but something definitely looks like it's missing due to the bumper strut through holes in the front valance.

Good straight 140 bumpers are getting hard to find as well.

Last edited:
Don't bother it will look like this for a bit when it comes back from paint if you do indeed give it some paint it probably needs by now.

+2

OK but something definitely looks like it's missing due to the bumper strut through holes in the front valance.

That looks like a really clean 140!

Okay here is the ride height after more adjusting tonight. It still makes it in and out of my driveway easily so this is the limit of how low it will go. Still might get 5x10 springs to raise it up a little more in the back.

Does anyone have an adjustable panhard rod for a 140?

AndrewNance may have already shared this info with you, but contact Crandandall and he can make your existing panhard bar adjustable for a very reasonable price. He did my ph bar and torque rods recently and I'm very happy with the results.

My vote is no bumper. It will look awesome in yellow if you repaint the car.

+2

All the pushing to get the rear suspension done was so I could cruise around with my dad while he is visiting this weekend. We took it out this morning and he instantly said that the exhaust sounded like it was rubbing on the body. I had dismissed that sound as the springs settling but as soon as he mentioned the exhaust it sounded like the right diagnosis. We took the car on a few windy roads and then stopped at an overlook so I could snap this photo:

When we were about to get back in the car, I noticed the tailpipe was sitting a little low. I pressed down on the tailpipe and the rear section of the exhaust seemed really loose. When we started it back up it was really loud. When I crawled under the car I could see that the over the axle U section was completely disconnected from the front muffler.

I already have it put back together but unfortunately I thought it sounded really good with the single muffler. When I get the headers on I may just do a single muffler and exit in front of the passenger rear tire...

Nice pics... word of warning. Single muffler systems on our engines will raspy and sound like a fat can. How do I know? My 144 came with a 4into1 header and a single muffler. My new exhaust has a small resonator and i sounds so nice now.

FYI I heard you say header but I dunno if you mean manifold.

I would advice against a header with a weber setup. They work against each other

Back