• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Atom's Amazon Wagon Project Update Thread

To think I've been ignoring this thread because it was about an Amazon.
Holy isht! :D
I love this!

Tell your friends. :) as much as I hate to say it, when interest on the forums tapers off, so does my drive. Maybe not to get work done, but to post about it. I fall into this "meh, no one is watching, I'll skip posting pics". Then there's also the times where I post everything, then I think I'm oversaturating the thread.

With this level of craftsmanship, it is IMPOSSIBLE to oversaturate the thread. ;)

As for brands and loyalty, in an instant, one company buys another and it all changes. Besides, there's no tellin' what gets cooked up by any manufacturers' "skunk-works"....

Got tired of hearing guys argue at cruise-ins about whether it came with a V8 from the factory.

Last edited:
Please continue posting photos/updates. Myself and few friends really like the previous iteration of this wagons and all enjoy following along with the progress you're making lately!! While I almost never post on TB, I do check in on various projects pretty regularly to use as inspiration/motivation for my own projects.

That's a long way of me saying thanks for taking the time to document all the work you've done to this project.

b50f5bf77a884b378311a84e7e6d89ea.jpg

Drove the Amazon around the block for the first time ever. No hood, no lights, seat not bolted down, exhaust rattling like crazy and smelling of unburnt fuel, but it made it.

Today is an important day.

Drove the Amazon around the block for the first time ever.

Write the date in your garage.

My Dad's garage has an old rotary phone that's been there since the early 80's; the wall around it is covered in decades' worth of customer phone numbers, part numbers, etc. We also make note of the date of garage milestones - When the LS1 went into his V90, first starts, first time my 242 drove up the road..

It's really cool to have a 'memorial wall' like that, I think.

Last edited:
Can someone link it? My search in FB for "hat cars" or "HAT cars" or "Hat Cars" and 4-5 other upper/lower case variations doesn't turn up anything either...

To each their own. We are all in the car game together. We are all spinning on the same planet. It is what it is. I'm looking forward to getting it finished up, enjoying it, using it to strike up conversations and I will let other people drive it so they can get another level of appreciation for it.

This is well said, although if your thread was all talk and no work it would not have the credibility that it does. Hats off to you man. Also make some 122 kick panels!

Write the date in your garage.

My Dad's garage has an old rotary phone that's been there since the early 80's; the wall around it is covered in decades' worth of customer phone numbers, part numbers, etc. We also make note of the date of garage milestones - When the LS1 went into his V90, first starts, first time my 242 drove up the road..

It's really cool to have a 'memorial wall' like that, I think.

I'm gonna start doin that. Unfortunately I might not live where I live for much longer. Would have been nice to do that in my dad's place, he's lived there since 1982 (custom built it with massive garage) and I can't wait to buy it off him. I did my first head gasket job with him there at age 12.

Ok, this falls into the "stars aligning" category. I am focusing on getting the car sealed up for winter and I needed to address the wiper system. I was planning on moving the BMW wiper motor inside (that's where the stock Amazon motor is) and building some sort of adapter to make it work with the Volvo linkage. That way the wiring stays BMW and the controls all work.

Turned out to be easier than I expected.

Stock Volvo setup

6feca899bf76f4fce7f295a8b4b9d640.jpg

Volvo motor vs BMW motor

dc86a78d6eb5057f5c0399efc22d08b6.jpg

Adjusted mounting height to match Volvo dimensions

8ff03baf7f4ed967dd306518724d72bf.jpg

Mounted. Done. Just need to reroute the wiring into the car to where the motor sits

6f1467df42bb8787552af2e80c86096e.jpg

afa19354dad71fc4b9884103039b3990.jpg

Back