• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Davis 2017

Davis 2017 Saturday Event

• Total voters
Santa Cruz meet, with a drive through the redwoods to follow? It's not a major meet like Davis, but it could be fun. Anybody else down?

I know the perfect park to have a BBQ with our cars all lined up nearby. We can leave Santa Cruz in the early afternoon and head north on hwy1 a bit, then cut through the mountains to Skyline hwy35, so that people can head home from there, either to the Bay Area, Central Valley, North Bay, or loop back down hwy9 to head south of the Bay.

I'll put something together, reserve the park, start a thread in the Events forum, and PM anyone who is interested. Just let me know.

Do this! I am interested in driving up.

Sounds like there is still a lot of interest for an autox. I'll dig around again for a site, not sure what will happen though. Seems like this area is pretty much done for in terms of places allowing that kinda thing.

Sounds like there is still a lot of interest for an autox. I'll dig around again for a site, not sure what will happen though. Seems like this area is pretty much done for in terms of places allowing that kinda thing.

That airbase runway one was very good, coulda been a bit longer maybe.

Looks like the only place where this is even an option would be the San Joaquin Fairgrounds all the way down in Stockton...

Autox would be great.
Track day is unrealistic. I helped with the past Volvo club Thunderhill track days back when it was super cheap and getting 20 people to pay $150 back then was near impossible. We had to invite the Saab club a couple times just to get to 20.

Stockton fairgrounds might be a place to look into. I'm not sure what they have for a shaded park type setting, but I know they've had autox's there before.

A car show, a small swap meet (think Davis) and an autox would be 3 things I'd try to include. That would become a pretty big show I would think.

I am down for whatever, but I don't think a track day is not too far fetched if we don't mind inviting Lemons teams/etc into the mix for a test and tune day.

Hmm, I do have a couple connections for Lemons teams.

We are having a planning meeting in a couple weeks. I will see what they are interested in doing.

And now with more pole/poll/pull.

Oh yeah, and you have a decision...none of the above events also includes bacon, so you must make a very tough decision. :-P

My brain almost exploded. Too many choices. I vote for an Autocross in the pits section of Thunderhill while also running a track day. That way, we can race non-stop.

You think any of the cars on this board could handle that much abuse in one day? lol

Maybe we could cook some bacon on someone's exhaust while we're at it??

You think any of the cars on this board could handle that much abuse in one day? lol

Mine sees just about that kind of abuse on the daily. We are GO GO GO.

The last Thunderhill in my orange 242 I did my sessions and took people on rides as an "instructor" in all of the other sessions. I went through 2.5 tanks of fuel.

Wouldn't be able to do that in it's current condition though. :oops:

244 has handled more

I think regardless go-karts should be added to whatever we do, track day, autox, etc. That way we could all have something to thrash on and race each other in something more evenly matched

Okay, maybe you two Pat's are above the norm. I think my stuff would hold together, dunno about some of the other rides around here. lol

Go karts can be arranged either way, got a couple places in town. BTW Pat, it's hilarious seeing someone tall fit into them...saw Logan in one last year. lol

Partially cooked a chicken on a b230ft at a lemons race, so anything is possible

135748350.jpg

Partially cooked a chicken on a b230ft at a lemons race, so anything is possible

135748350.jpg

Of course it was partially cooked. Should have fabbed a grille directly over the exhaust manifold/turbo hotside. Turn on every pit stop. Perfect.

Back