• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

WNC Spring Meet, April 7-9 (Because MountainMeet is still a long ways off)

Sweet. Shaping up to be a pretty good time. We don't generally get a lot of rain in the early spring...most of that happens between November and late Feb/early March. The weather should be ok, but we'll see.

That sounds like fun. I'm in Raleigh. I suck at camping. I put up a tent earlier last year for the first time, it was 3am and I was too drunk to remember how I did it. But I did it.

Not that it means a damn thing, but the long-range forecast is looking great. That gives me a little hope that it might not be pouring rain.

Y'all are still interested in this, yeah?

uOtYTet.png

Weather looks amazing in the long-range forecast.

Coincidentially, Dave West is hosting a get-together at his shop, so if you want to check out some amazing vintage Volvos, we can head over that way on Saturday. It's a great drive.

I just spoke to Dave West about a meet at his shop in Hayesville on April 8th.

The basic plan is to meet at the shop around 10am and check out the vintage Volvos. He sold the P1900, but he has a couple 123GTs in process, a horde of Amazons and 1800s, a 142 racecar, and he's bringing a 960 limo back from Texas now.

After that, we'll cruise to Murphy to check out the Porsche side of the restoration business, followed by a short drive and a late lunch in the Nantahala Gorge, with a possible tour of a Mercedes Cabriolet/Gullwing restoration shop over there.

Don't feel like you have to go to all the stops, but tag along for whatever interests you.

Dave's shop is located here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...9f3a0d64d2ab2b!8m2!3d35.0344441!4d-83.8447818

I'm still in. Working on the 242 to make it a little more badass and workable. Hoping to take the day off that Friday and roll up during the day, but we shall see.

Back