• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosbySweater

300+ Member
300+ Club
So I hadn't really planned on getting another Volvo earlier then 90, this car popped up on craigslist and I just had to take a look at it.

125838_zpsba2e7226.jpg

Car has a few small spots of rust, and a flakey respray on the roof, not to worried about that as it will be covered by a bike rack. Car is extremely straight, and is super shiny, starting to show some patina on the hood and trunk lid. Looked under the hood, original no a/c no power steering car, has 263k on it and it drives great no drifting on the road or anything. Interior is immaculate, I will mostly keep it as a clean daily, I got other crazy projects going on and this one will be the daily for a very long time. Got the car from the original owner, has all the maintenance record since new, got it for a whopping 1008 dollars smogged and reg'd

125852_zps97510f82.jpg

125851_zps521a2e10.jpg

125853_zps6271066b.jpg

Engine
2006 Gen 4 6.0
Zo6 camshaft and valve springs
hooker manifolds
ls1 intake and waterpump
truck powersteering and ls1 alternator
Vs racing S366 t4 turbo with a 44mm wastegate/50mm Bob
Siemens deka 80s
Aem boost controlled water meth kit
microsquirt EMS from efisource

Trans/Axle
2006 4l80e trans with a transgo hd2 kit
B&m prostick ratchet shifters
Sloppy transbrake in progress
Stock HD torque converter for now (2400 flash stall)
Hayden trans cooler with a thermostat controlled fan.
Ford 8.8 with 3.73 gears

Suspension
400x9 coilover springs up front
Saab billies
Bens roll center correctors
Home made strut plates with spherical bearings
Full poly bushings up front
Strange engineering double adjustable coilovers out back with 225lb springs
Yoshi fab torque rods
Heim panhard bar
Poly tabs

Wheels/Brakes
17x7 cragar unique 82s wrapped in 225/45/17 continental extreme contacts
Mustang cobra master, distribution block deleted, wilwood proportioning valve for the rear and a wilwood master cylinder shim
Cadillac ATS brembos up front on home made steel brackets, Ford explorer brakes out back

Last edited:
Out with the old, in with the new. Tbrick central at this house! Lol
0FED91E9-74BB-47B0-93D8-A840F35410CA-17738-000008B4AF08EED7_zpsd5ef21c7.jpg

Here's alllllll the records including original purchase agreement!
37C17128-5680-4EDF-9A74-050C01668ADE-17738-000008B45957C1B5_zpsc80c0c58.jpg

so i thought id show some of the problem areas (not much for a tbrickers car :lol:) love driving it, just put in a new OE radiator, and 100 amp denso alternator.
rust

repaint :/

but damn it looks good!!!

Manual trans; clean; 100% RECORDS(!); original owner- CLEAN- AAAND a bargain? You must be doing something right.

The sheepskins wouldn't make me mad, either. Nice car- nice score.

Practical, fun AND cheap- bees knees!

Congrats, man- ill bet you are glad you tossed your '90 or newer proscription, eh?
These kinds don't come along, gents- snag these sweet ones immediately- or POOF!

Good job! Congrats!

Well it has been by the ocean it's whole life and that's where the trim holes are and moisture likes to collect there. I'm so happy I found this thing, it's a great driver, just needs a little adjustment to the fuel system at idle, possibly a little more ignition advance and it will be golden! I forgot to mention this thing has a rebuilt m45 in it which was done very recently, smoothest shifting Volvo I've ever driven

So me and socalsean went on a run up to the Bay Area today, car is actually very pleasant to drive even with the m45, got a mint condition grill for it, some newer arm rests, map pocket, and a bunch of nicer knobs and such inside, threw on my old Thule roof rack and need to find the farring for it.

It does have one thing that is bugging the crap out of me, it will have a random stumble on the freeway while cruising, not often but it's kinda annoying. Probably need to clean out all the old kjet stuff, it's for sure fuel related, worst case scenario I swap in lh2.2 for the fuel side in an afternoon

6C971285-BCBD-48E6-8FDF-710D59A65B6C-227-0000000DC1D6EBD5_zpse39daa13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back