• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

YASVT (Yet Another Sixteen Valve Turbo) - now 16V Whiteblock (LS)

Nope. I don't want to be a pest, but I'm going to ask for a rough date. It's been a month so far. No real word about lead times when I ordered it.

Was it supposed to be in stock? If so, one month is pretty long to receive an item in stock imo...

Still waiting on that shifter, no response to email.

This sucks balls big time. I just so damn hate these suppliers who take your hard earned money and don't deliver the goods. At least give the customers some feedback if there is a problem!

Did you pay with Paypal?

Yeah, on 4/25. I'm not going to raise a stink at this point. I'm just waiting patiently. They're not Amazon.com. It would just be nice if they'd give me a hint about when.

I don't think there are any other options at this point for a top mount shifter.

Yeah, on 4/25. I'm not going to raise a stink at this point. I'm just waiting patiently. They're not Amazon.com. It would just be nice if they'd give me a hint about when.

I don't think there are any other options at this point for a top mount shifter.

How much time do you have to open a dispute case with Paypal? A month?

And yes there aren't much options for top mount shifters. The Serial Nine CD999 is what comes closer to the top mount position.

I don't think that would work without chopping out the back end of the trans tunnel/shifter hole.

And that's with me moving the engine about 1 1/4 inches forward vs. where the STS Machining mounts put it.

As it is I'll be trimming the shifter shaft stub (assuming it's still used) that pokes out of the back of the trans so it won't bump in the 'forward' gears that push it backward.

Maybe I should tackle the rear axle swap while I'm waiting for that damned shifter. After that's in I could at least install the trans (sans shifter) and get some measurements and get the driveshaft made.

I've just sort of been stuck waiting for that shifter because I wanted the next trans install to be 'final' (hah, best wishes o' mice and men), so I could really start hooking things up in the engine compartment instead of just mocking them up.

yeah it's never final. I had the t5 in and out of the blue 242 what feels like 100 times for various reasons.

That suck about the shifter. I was able to see the Serial Nice "Techinical relocation system" and it's greatly made, just not a viable option for your particular build.

You have up to 120 days on paypal do claim or open a dispute, though I hope you won't have to do it.

It's vaguely possible that one of those could work, with the shifter extension in the forward position. But I'd probably have to bash the hell out of the end of the tunnel, around the shifter area.

I didn't get any measurement on how much room I had around the back end of the trans as-is, since I was planning on using the top mount shifter. But I do recall thinking I might actually need to trim the shifter shaft off so it wouldn't touch when in 1/3/5 gears (lever forward, shaft fully extended).

This is with the LS moved forward 1.25 inches as well, the bellhousing face/back end of the motor is a bit further forward than the redblock engine's was. A top mount shifter might be a necessity on any redblock-cD009 trans swaps.

I sent CBF another email asking for a rough date, let's see if the respond this time.

I got some 4.25 -> 4.5 wheel adapters, so those on the front, plus the 8.8 in back (possibly with some spacers for proper fit?) and I should be good for a set of FWD offset 5X4.5 tires (i.e. 2005+ Mustang).

Which shouldn't be super hard to find, loads more choices.

But they're all ugly. Not that my current wheels look sharp sharp sharp, but most wheels I see these days just look plain tacky.
/Get off my lawn!

What's the closest thing anyone knows of that looks about like a Polaris in 4.5? I like 5 simple spokes.

Hmmm...

tarmac4_grande.jpg

But his set was (custom made) 5X108. I was kind of wanting to buy them, but I decided to go with a 114.3 bolt pattern.

Awesome. It's a little 'safer' to buy the G37/370 'JK' version, than the 'CD00?' G35/350 version. Once the sticker is worn off, it's almost implossible to tell what kind those are, but all the 'JK' versions are good.

I'm still waiting on that shifter for mine. Which is all right, but they won't answer emails. 1 email a solid month after sending them money, another one 2 weeks after that.

Back