• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230ft K cam required mods

Good point, but I was thinking more budget orientated. I don't know how I would feel buying a turbo that costs more than my car :lol:

Not quite sure you can get more budget at $175 shipped for something that flows enough for 400whp and makes full boost by 3k.

A solitary similarity and otherwise ignored information on a "K cam that pulls past 6600" is laughable. Jens has been doing things a long time, he could probably get a t cam to turn out to 7k if he wanted to, that doesn't change the simple fact that the jdm foot licker here ain't gettin there.

if we're balking at bottom of the barrel fleabay turbos, the rest of it might as well be on mars

edit:
do the volvo community as a whole a favor, sell your car and go get whatever nissan thing it is you want instead, go plauge them.

"Budget" and high powered turbo build are two things that don't really go together.

Having been a teenager once and known a lot of people who like to tinker with cars, I would wager this project will go something along the lines of Buy car, screw with it, do some stupid cosmetic mods, turn up the boost, break something, buy some engine parts then tear apart the engine, discover the parts purchased don't fit or are not what it needs, stagnate, sell rotting car for scrap after it has sat out in the driveway for 3 years, buy another car, repeat.

RIP IWantedAnAE86

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_mqeezznYdy1qz4rgp.gif

Have those Chinese turbos gotten any better than they were a few years ago? I saw a lot of horror stories, when I looked into them at one point it seemed they were worse than useless and some autopsies showed horrifying quality levels. A turbo that blows up before the first oil change is worse than no turbo at all.

Have those Chinese turbos gotten any better than they were a few years ago? I saw a lot of horror stories, when I looked into them at one point it seemed they were worse than useless and some autopsies showed horrifying quality levels. A turbo that blows up before the first oil change is worse than no turbo at all.
I've been running that turbo for a few years now, no issues other than not supplying enough fuel to prevent ping ping boom

Back