• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230fk

pathfinder

Hi. Good day

It's year 1997, 940 FK/B230FK. This is low pressure turbo model. 13C turbocharger

Factory spec is 0.35 boost, 135bhp, 230nm

The car now is 330,000 km..still running fine

At such mileage, is it safe to gain some more power? Preferably just to make it on par with 940FT ...165bhp. 940 FT if not mistaken boost is 0.55 bar.

I need extra power just for stronger pull during overtaking and on hills ascending roads.

Enough with MBC , or need to upgrade injectors and fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks

1 mm thick washers between the compressor housing and the wastegate gave me 7 psi on my 88 765 B230FT with 92 940 manifold and turbo.

Ok

So upping the boost to around 8psi/0.6bar no need to upgrade to high flow fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator right?

Nope. Stock fuel pumps, regulators filters whatever support plenty, even at high mileages, provided they didn't pump mud fuel all their life.

I've upped the boost on some high mile cars and after a while they'd blow out an exhaust gasket and a completely dried out intake gasket can give up too.

To be sure of things, a good allround checkup can never harm. Intake gasket, crankcase ventilation, fuel filter, valve lash etc.

There is some info floating around on the differences between FK and FT airbox. On the FK some extra openings aren't punched out and stuff.

Thanks

Should i do engine compression test to know if the engine in good condition before upping the boost ?

Thanks

Should i do engine compression test to know if the engine in good condition before upping the boost ?

It's a good idea to get a general idea about the condition of your engine but if the engine is running OK right now there is no immediate need for that.
Just go for it.

Back