• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's RWD Experience, '84 242 TI

Also took some pictures of the latest additions
New Dave Barton grille badge dome poly sticker thing
DSC00513.jpg

Got a new front plate and threw that on
DSC00512.jpg

Rear headrests and black deck and seatbelt covers, also painted the pillars finally
DSC00515.jpg

Also cleaned up the engine bay a little bit with the wiring
DSC00514.jpg

And I got my e-fan installed and working
DSC00518.jpg

I also have a k-cam sitting im hoping i can get in this weekend

Last edited:
Nice work. You have inspired me to get my project thread up and loaded with my progress to date.
Love your interior swap from tan-tragic to black and that GT trim puts it over the top.

The car ran all the way to SE and back without many problems. I had to re-build the overdrive harness for the 4th-gear selector switch at kennys sunday but other than that and an exhaust leak somewhere there are no problems to report. It got an estimated 26mpg down there and back and ran a 17.4@77 in the 1/4 mile. Afrs under acceleration are really really rich at 11.5, but nothing a little tuning can't fix.

yeah the only reason your car runs so well is because it's got 700 series stuff on it :-P :-D

sweet car, glad to see ya this year. shoulda put hockey in the trunk ;)

Small updates, working on getting heat in this thing. It needs blower motor, heater core and valve, shouldnt be a big deal as ill have the dash out to get the windshield put in anyways. Also found a ballin power steering pump in a box of old late model race car engine stuff, a intercooler badge, and some euro signals. I also have everything to get ignition control, so if im not lazy one day i may do that. Power steering and being warm are going to be nice, just need to fab up a quick mount.

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

Made me a new sticker too, its appropriate
DSC00593.jpg

Updates! The heat has been fixed for a while now and works awesome! I had heard how good 240 heat was but hadnt experienced it for myself. I also got a late model windshield in as well so no leaks anymore. I also got a new 004 distributor for msns and wired it up with the Saab 139 to get my spark going, and I painted the virgos with some duplicolor silver and clear. Taillights are also on the way, this thing is really gonna look nice after they come in.

A couple updates, car still runs like ass, I havent found a working distro yet in the yard to try to see if it fixes my issues. I did however get a set of ebay taillights for it and wired up rear fog lights per the 84 wiring diagram. I also painted the wheels and it really turned the look of the car around
DSC00728.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

taillights on
DSC00740.jpg

fogs on
DSC00742.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

I had to switch a couple wires to get the brake lights back to the factory location as the new lights came with updated circuit boards and moved them down to the corners. Only 3-4 wires were run for the fogs, the wiring is already there going to the back, just had to find the connector where it ended. The light is pretty even with just the tails on, the camera just amplified the difference.

Need a LH2.2 dizzy? PM me your address and I'll ship you one this week. I just pulled it from the JY recently. If it fixes the issue, you can have it for what I paid, plus shipping.

Fixed the ignition issues tonight, spark was set to inverted. Apparently the 3452 times we went through the settings and the tune we missed/didnt think about it. I thought we had tried this before, maybe we did, idk. I also went through and got all new .ini files and firmware and uploaded it. All is well, she runs like a champ.

Last edited:
Back