• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kl racing cams.

Turbobeans

Has anyone had experience with KL racing cam? Looking at t2 or their t3 cam. Going in a ported head big valve 530 8v b230ft. Megasquirt, tubular manifold, external wastagted gt3076 BB. Oh and e85. Supporting fuel mods and large intercooler of course.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
KL Racing or KG Trimning? I believe KL Racing might be a reseller/redistributor, KG Trimning actually makes and sells camshafts.

KL Racing or KG Trimning? I believe KL Racing might be a reseller/redistributor, KG Trimning actually makes and sells camshafts.

I meant KL Racing, I was looking at their t2 or t3 cams. I was unaware of KG trimming? Perhaps you are right? Do you have Experience with Kg? I wanted to upgrade from my ipd turbo cam

I meant KL Racing, I was looking at their t2 or t3 cams. I was unaware of KG trimming? Perhaps you are right? Do you have Experience with Kg? I wanted to upgrade from my ipd turbo cam

My most sincere apologies, it appears I am the one mistaken.
Shop link - https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artikla...765/motor-22/ventiler-3/kamaxlar-4/index.html

Obviously, I have no experience with those offerings.
KG Trimning is a separate entity. I'd also suggest looking at some of the ENEM offerings and see if they would fit your budget/needs; there's a few other distributors that are slipping my mind right now(SAM?).

There are some good offerings going up from an iPD Turbo cam, but what are you looking for? Top end power for drag? A broad powerband when throwing down on the back routes when CHP isn't around? Primary usage of the car will help guide discussion and selection.

(To muddy the waters a bit, people have gone pretty far with stock Volvo grinds, and also the iPD offerings, but those are all different use cases)

Last edited:
I saw that :grrr: TB being slow for me this AM, but you can join in too, Mbeas96 :-P

I speak on the topic of Camshafts for these engines with great trepidation as many... 'discussions' have transpired in the past, reaching no resolution.
I truthfully only have anecdotal experience to post about, and not factual data aside from Lift/ LSA, etc as I don't have access to (accurate, expensive) test equipment.

Realize that the 8v heads don't have much flow vs say, a 16v head, or even Honda Single cam multi-valve heads (not an apples to apples comparison) so a 3076 with any decent "non limp wristed emissions grind" kamaxel on a 2 valve head isn't going to wake up until about 4K.

Actually, a decent if not good example of the potential of your planned setup is the Blue 242 that Linuxman51 (sorry for the namedrop) has been playing with. It has(had?) an ENEM C2 and a GT(X?)3076R on a 90+ and some other mods.

My most sincere apologies, it appears I am the one mistaken.
Shop link - https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artikla...765/motor-22/ventiler-3/kamaxlar-4/index.html

Obviously, I have no experience with those offerings.
KG Trimning is a separate entity. I'd also suggest looking at some of the ENEM offerings and see if they would fit your budget/needs; there's a few other distributors that are slipping my mind right now(SAM?).

There are some good offerings going up from an iPD Turbo cam, but what are you looking for? Top end power for drag? A broad powerband when throwing down on the back routes when CHP isn't around? Primary usage of the car will help guide discussion and selection.

(To muddy the waters a bit, people have gone pretty far with stock Volvo grinds, and also the iPD offerings, but those are all different use cases)

I use this car for drag racing. I need a little more top tend/rpm as the new turbo I installed is quite a bit larger than my previous one. It also serves as my daily but I?m willing to compromise some drivability. I tried looking up enem cams but I can?t seem to find their cams on their website

Haha, I assumed the op asked me...but then I looked at who the op was...but yeah man, pm me if your looking to sell your turbo cam!

I have experience using enem cams. I use a V15 in both of my main drivers. That is the cam the IPD turbo and other street performance cams are based on. For my upgraded engine plans I moved up to a V16 turbo grind. The stock valve train won't need to modified with the lift of the V16 turbo cam. The absolute hottest cam that will work with stock valve train is the K15 with a turbo grind which Hank Scorpio ran on his 242 turbo build.

One of the nice things about working with the actual company grinding the cams is they will help you optimize what you want to do. Like the K15 cam isn't listed as a turbo grind but when contacted the folks at enem made it to order.

The best thing to do is call them on the phone and ask for someone who is familiar with Volvo cams. They do speak English and I'm sure they would be more than willing to discuss which cam would be good for your setup. You can also email and someone will get back with you(a little slow to reply but they will respond).

The best thing to do is call them on the phone and ask for someone who is familiar with Volvo cams. They do speak English and I'm sure they would be more than willing to discuss which cam would be good for your setup. You can also email and someone will get back with you(a little slow to reply but they will respond).

I spoke with Jan at enem more than once when I was making my decision.

Yeah I?ll probably end up just calling them

i have one of there stage 2 cams i hope to have it going in a month or so i have a cleaned up head with oversized exhaust valves and Yoshi fab springs and cam gear.

The price was right i was getting valves at the same time it look real nice

Josh "Yoshi fab" said it was a easy to set up the cam with the lash caps.

Tom

Update it is running it is ruff right now so I am going to go through everything to make sure there are no vacuum leaks etc. It is idling around 5-550 but at 1k still sound still has a lope. I am fitting 13" S60 R brakes right now so I dont know about drivability also has a GTX 35 BB turbo on it now so lots of changes to get sorted.

I have a KG2T cam which I have ran in two engines. First one was a B230FX +T with a 15G, 3 inch exhaust on LH2.2. Was a real ripper at 12psi and pulled from about 2800 all the way to the limiter. Now I have it installed in a B23ET with a 16t, 3 inch exhaust and LH2.4. With the lower compression of the B23ET compared to the FX the low down hole in power is much more noticeable with the pull up top about the same. No doubt in a proper setup it would work alot better but in my humble setups it definitely woke them up. I bought it about 6 years ago for a case of beer from another member so have just kept it.
Another member here called YLD244 runs a KG2T in his B230FT which from memory runs a 1.05 trim GT35 turbo at 23psi and he really likes it and has had that setup for about 10 years.

i have one of there stage 2 cams i hope to have it going in a month or so i have a cleaned up head with oversized exhaust valves and Yoshi fab springs and cam gear.

The price was right i was getting valves at the same time it look real nice

Josh "Yoshi fab" said it was a easy to set up the cam with the lash caps.

Tom
Hi Tom,
Who makes the stage 2 cam you have? What did you set the valve clearances to?

Update it is running it is ruff right now so I am going to go through everything to make sure there are no vacuum leaks etc. It is idling around 5-550 but at 1k still sound still has a lope. I am fitting 13" S60 R brakes right now so I dont know about drivability also has a GTX 35 BB turbo on it now so lots of changes to get sorted.
What engine management are you using? Why not raise the idle speed to 1,000rpm? Depending on the camshaft, you may be stuck with a bit of lope. You should check your compression across the board as well to make sure everything is in check there, like valve sealing, etc..

Cheers,
Kyle

Last edited:
I have a KG2T cam which I have ran in two engines. First one was a B230FX +T with a 15G, 3 inch exhaust on LH2.2. Was a real ripper at 12psi and pulled from about 2800 all the way to the limiter. Now I have it installed in a B23ET with a 16t, 3 inch exhaust and LH2.4. With the lower compression of the B23ET compared to the FX the low down hole in power is much more noticeable with the pull up top about the same. No doubt in a proper setup it would work alot better but in my humble setups it definitely woke them up. I bought it about 6 years ago for a case of beer from another member so have just kept it.
Another member here called YLD244 runs a KG2T in his B230FT which from memory runs a 1.05 trim GT35 turbo at 23psi and he really likes it and has had that setup for about 10 years.

Hi,

Sorry for using this thread for my questions, but i would appreciate some help very much:

How is the idle behaviour on your cars with the KG2T?
I run this cam in my 230FT with big valve head and the idle is very rough.
I am not sure if this is only caused by the cam. The block was skimmed 0,4mm and the head 0,2mm which makes about 2,4? retarded cam timing. Am i in need for a adjustable camgear or is that just fine?!
Valve clearance is set to 0,35mm on all Valves.
Otherwise i can confirm the characteristics you stated above.

Regards,
Dennis

Who makes the stage 2 cam you have? What did you set the valve clearances to?

The cam is a KLR-T2 as for clearance i had Yoshi fab do it it has big exhaust valves and it is ported.

What engine management are you using? Why not raise the idle speed to 1,000rpm? Depending on the camshaft, you may be stuck with a bit of lope. You should check your compression across the board as well to make sure everything is in check there, like valve sealing, etc..

I haven't adjusted anything as of right now ECU stock 91 940T with a chip. No compression check has been done.

Hi,

Sorry for using this thread for my questions, but i would appreciate some help very much:

How is the idle behaviour on your cars with the KG2T?
I run this cam in my 230FT with big valve head and the idle is very rough.
I am not sure if this is only caused by the cam. The block was skimmed 0,4mm and the head 0,2mm which makes about 2,4? retarded cam timing. Am i in need for a adjustable camgear or is that just fine?!
Valve clearance is set to 0,35mm on all Valves.
Otherwise i can confirm the characteristics you stated above.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis,

update i looked up videos on Youtube and my idle seems normal but i want to raise it a tad 50 to 100 rpm

i am in the same boat ported big valve head but on a rebuilt block "about 30K on it" i have an adjustable cam gear i am just verifying everything before i start adjusting anything i have seen a few do this and caused big issues.

Tom

Back