• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

89 745 fuel return line leak

chevy_dude97

So, after carefully cleaning all the grounds on my headlights to get them TUV approved brightness, I was distraught to hear the inspector call me under my car after what I thought would be a quick win. He quickly points out a fuel line that had rusted to the point of a seeping leak, then fails my car.

After closer examination of my 1989 740 wagon with sohc 2.3l, I noted the suspect line is the green line running from the pressure regulator.

Is there a replacement line I can pick up that only goes from the regulator to the joint in the middle of the car? It is all covered in undercoat but I can tell there is a coupling in the line just behind where the other line goes into the fuel filter(not green line). I have searched rockauto and the like but I cannot seem to find the part to order, I have also tried "googling" it including a search of this forum, but it seems that the banjo bolts is always the topic that is returned. Any help is much appreciated.

I would try looking at gcp.se catalogs and see if there is a part listed. Then you can try to buy it from either them or one of the other suppliers like Skandiix that get genuine parts.

Looking through the IPB(Integrated Parts Breakdown) from the catalog. I have come to the conclusion that this part(3528027) is in fact the one I am trying to replace. It is funny that SKANDIX does not show this part as fitting my vehicle specifications, I do not think I would have found this on my own. Thank you for your time!

Good and Bad news, good news is the line was the correct length and bent correctly. Bad news is the fitting was placed on the wrong side of the line.

On the blow up parts diagram, it shows fittings potentially on both ends. On my vehicle there was only a fitting at the rear end of this line and was double flared on the engine side where it meets up with a rubber fuel line.

When I received the line I was ecstatic as it appeared the same, however when fitting to my vehicle I noted the compression fitting was on the wrong side(towards the motor) and the double flare was at the rear. I double checked all part numbers both volvo and skandix just to make sure I recieved the correct line.

I ended up just removing both ends so I could refit the fitting and flare both ends again. As everyone knows flaring steel lines is a pita.

Aside from all of this, fuel line is inspection ready!

Back