• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1971 142S "I'll keep this one"

Friday will be oil pan re-install and torque, flywheel install, PP and clutch alignment, and final install of the B230FT bellhousing for the T5. Driveline guy is charging me $425 :wtf::wtf: to shorted the driveshaft, put new U joints in, add a mustang slip yoke, and balance the whole thing.

I ordered a 10" Efan (750cfm), a 2.5" bosh tach, and a relay (for the fan) from Summit so I can wire it up to work with the Saab 900 coolant T.
e9kJMz6l.jpg

hSmfTPXl.jpg

New slip yoke? That's what I would expect for that price.

Last edited:
I <3 the driveshaft shop I use. I think it was around $300 + tax for a whole new shaft, trans to rear axle. Once years ago fo the T5 swap, and recently for the CD009 swap.

However, that was a one piece. New slip yoke, 1350, shaft, 1350, Volvo compatible flange.

I <3 the driveshaft shop I use. I think it was around $300 + tax for a whole new shaft, trans to rear axle. Once years ago fo the T5 swap, and recently for the CD009 swap.

However, that was a one piece. New slip yoke, 1350, shaft, 1350, Volvo compatible flange.

iirc that's what mine ran for the wagon for a 1 piece

$425 seems steep, but what can you do? It's been a couple years, but I think I paid around $300 for a new, shorter front section, new slip yoke, and all new U-joints. And that's in California.

Rebuilt the carbs tonight. Believe it or not, the one pictured below was the one that didn't have a clogged jet. The rear carb (no fuel/clogged) didn't look as bad inside. I suppose the front was catching all the filth from the tank. I guess I need a fuel filter :-D
m0jPbW7l.jpg

0nDKyAJl.jpg

T6wguedl.jpg

Engine is in. Trans will go in tomorrow.

1TdN70pl.jpg

Cool ass stamping I never noticed before today.

KSSOZ9Il.jpg

Glad you decided to stick with it. Looks like good progress

Considering the fact the best offer I got was $1600 from some local clown, I figured I'd just pony up and make it useable. I'm excited for the .79 5th the T5 offers. By my math, the m40 would be at 3500RPM at ~63 mph, and with the T5 in 5th, 3500RPM is ~80 mph.

Considering the fact the best offer I got was $1600 from some local clown, I figured I'd just pony up and make it useable. I'm excited for the .79 5th the T5 offers. By my math, the m40 would be at 3500RPM at ~63 mph, and with the T5 in 5th, 3500RPM is ~80 mph.

Oh they have a lazy 5th all right. Close 1-4 and then it feels like you dropped off a cliff to 5. Good gas mileage though. What rear gear is in this thing? 4.30 or something?

What T5 has a .79 5th? My T5z has a .63 5th, and it's only good for highway cruising. Useless below ~3000 rpm, even with the turbo engine. I plan on pulling it out and putting a .80 5th in it, as well.

Back