• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"Look at my 20's!"..."Pssh Man dem 10's"..."Your right. I keep em clean though"

savestheday

"Look at my 20's!"..."Pssh Man dem 10's"..."Your right. I keep em clean though"

Alright Alright here is my 242.

I bought this guy as a cool looking daily driver and to tow around my racer boy car around if I ever get it out of the garage.

But we all know how that "just a daily driver" syndrome goes.

There's a bit more rust than I like. Some will laugh at that due to how nice the car is. Given there is no rust underneath there are pockets of it every water collects in the body panels. Rear quarter panel seem, bottom of the doors, etc. Once I find the correct color touch up paint (does anyone know what volvo color this is?) I will pull and repaint the trim and touch up the rusty bits for now. It will get a proper respray once I finish my other car and let my wallet recoup.

Enough of that. Here are pictures;

IMG_7544.jpg

IMG_7542.jpg

IMG_7538.jpg

Stay tuned for updates!

What is the first thing you are supposed to do when you get a new car?

Buy sweet wheels for it of course!

First you have to measure them to make sure your adapters are going to be made correctly.

IMG_7581.jpg

And now the adapters are being cut and the tires are in the mail.

I'm excited to say the least. 16x9.5" goodness.

IMG_7580.jpg

And I can't leave well enough alone. So they are sanded down to get a new topcoat over the factory machined finish. Hey at least I didn't start to polish them, then we would have been here all day.

IMG_7582.jpg

I am waiting for some peeps to come over and help me tip my VW over on it's rotisserie so I got to work on the Volvo today.

I was very graciously given a crusty Yakima rack by one of my fellow TBrickers yesterday and started to try and make it look presentable today.

Anything worth doing is worth doing correctly is what I say....

Dirty rack and my dog. "I no like the garage today mister owner" -Dog

IMG_7584.jpg

Did I mention it was crusty?

IMG_7592.jpg

First you have to drink your morning coffee....

IMG_7587.jpg

Then this next little section shows one of the many ways to remove Yakima locks if you don't have a key. Real Debo style.

Drill hole.

IMG_7588.jpg

Remove bolt.

IMG_7589.jpg

IMG_7590.jpg

IMG_7591.jpg

Now the lock for the bike fork mount.

IMG_7594.jpg

IMG_7598.jpg

Cleaning that nasty bit up so it won't look like crap after it's all repainted. Here it is half done.

IMG_7600.jpg

Now for that brushed aluminum look.

IMG_7602.jpg

One done one not.

IMG_7604.jpg

Now paint and clear coat. Anddddd beer.....

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7610.jpg

Lastly I'll put all together in a week or so to make it out to the Virginia meet on the 17th.

And just to put it out there, I'm not one of those goofball fanboys that has a bike rack and a 20" just because it looks sweet!

I ride bikes a lot and actually build my own custom frames. If you are a bike guy and want one just PM and we will get it on the list of things to do.

IMG_7181.jpg

IMG_7175.jpg

IMG_7173.jpg

IMG_7129.jpg

Anyway. That's enough for tonight. I got a little picture happy today.

Salad shooters, a nice rack, and mmm brazing. That's some old schoolness right there. I've been partial to brazing but that's possibly because I can't TIG worth **** :lol:

Can't wait to see everything on the car. :)

haha as soon as i read the title i thought of this:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJiECZhUdmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

good lookin stuff mang, what are you up to tomorrow? im off all day, once i get a little kayak time in i might be persuaded to swing by and see the madness.

racks look a LOT better :lol: i might have to do a little restoring of mine now :-P

How many people will it take to rotate your GTI? Post up a date & time & we'll see who can get over there to help out.

Back