• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

I know. :*(

Here's where I've been at. The car is stuck waiting for paint. We know that. Unfortunately the business keeps sucking up the few opportunities I've had where I could afford the next step. First I had the lawsuit with Gibson (which we won). Then had some other events. Launching something major next year which should be a game changer for us but to do it, I just wrote a 30k check for an automated UV Curing booth. It's been sucky.

But the head should almost be done at the machine shop. Blocks been done. I could probably start putting the motor together pretty soon, at least feel like I'm doing something there. Just between the kids and work and life in general just haven't really had a chance to do it. Also, of the three body shops on my block here only one seemed marginally interested in painting the car. :roll:

Gibson is a huge pain in the ass.

There's more I want to respond to but to lazy on the iPad for now...

Not many of us can afford Kauers :-(

Yeah I know that's what the new thing will address. Launching a sub brand next year, still made mostly by us here (subbing the neck out for now), Duncan's standard, 5 color choices and a few pickup/pick guard options with a retail starting price of 1299. Should be a game changer for us but to get from here to there has been a substantial undertaking.

Since you won, does Gibson have to pay for your expenses for defending yourself? Or are you not allowed to talk about that?

Just curious how that works...

First of all, I want to thank you all so much for following what I do! That's incredibly cool to see (and talk to) so many of you following the business.

Since you won, does Gibson have to pay for your expenses for defending yourself? Or are you not allowed to talk about that?

Just curious how that works...

Technically we didn't go to court, we just had lawyers fighting it out back and forth for about a year. Everytime the ball got bounced to the other side I had to write another check. Going to court would have infinitely been more expensive (up front at least) but this was bad enough.

First of all, I want to thank you all so much for following what I do! That's incredibly cool to see (and talk to) so many of you following the business.

Technically we didn't go to court, we just had lawyers fighting it out back and forth for about a year. Everytime the ball got bounced to the other side I had to write another check. Going to court would have infinitely been more expensive (up front at least) but this was bad enough.

So they win either way by going after a small business, either they get them to give up money or they try to make the small business loose its ass due to lawyer costs. Thats fing lame man, im sorry

They tried screwing my moms employer over dealership rights, it was a basic form of extortion. He said f*** it.

They no longer sell gibson.

Yep. They are famous for this. I don't want to see people lose their jobs... but I wouldn't mind seeing their CEO and exec's tossed under a bus.

So they win either way by going after a small business, either they get them to give up money or they try to make the small business loose its ass due to lawyer costs. Thats fing lame man, im sorry

Yep, exactly. We have a GREAT lawyer who happens to represent many other companies they've harassed so it worked out.

That being said, it worked out for the best and I'm glad it did, it gave me a chance to redesign that model to be OURS.

OMG I did a car thing!!

The company that we buy a lot of our guitar finishing products from also does a ton of aerospace stuff. I happened to ask my rep a while back if they had a high temp paint they'd recommend and they sent me a gallon kit of this aluminium colored, high temp epoxy paint they developed for Boeing. I sprayed some last year on some brackets and it's perfect! Color is spot on and its impervious to grease and oils. So I did this:

162668903.jpg

162668904.jpg

162668905.jpg

Scrubbed my T5 and got it completely clean and then removed all the bolts I didn't want to paint over.
162668906.jpg

162668907.jpg

162668908.jpg

Ok, so it's not really much of anything but at least it's something. I also dropped a guitar off with my machine shop, hopefully that'll motivate them to finish up the head and wrap up the last detail on the bottom end. I'd love to at least put the motor together.

I also got a set of the GAZ coilovers from Yoshi Fab a while ago... I think I mentioned those but I still haven't snapped any photos. LOL

Back