• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Penta crankshaft

It's a tractor motor that we nonetheless sometimes enjoy overpolishing into explosive little bursts of fun.

How much HP are you looking for?

Toss an Ellis in it, similar amounts of work, but ridiculously over the top end results, instead of likely meh-ness.

The point of the conversion is
Honda was dirt cheap and I mean dirt cheap if I break it I will treble my money
The volvo engine I already have
The engine is in and mounted using volvo mounts just got to wire it up and away I go
Just the props shaft and gear stick to sort
Looking into the weight it's not a lot heavier than the Honda lump
And with a bucket load more torque
As for fuel economy I couldn't give a rats arse otherwise I would have bought a Prius

As I understand it a Honda s2000 has 240hp with **** all torque
Volvo with have almost double the torque at half the rpm

The chick with a dick comment that made me laugh

But you all sound like a bunch of bitching school girls

Last edited:
The point of the conversion is
Honda was dirt cheap and I mean dirt cheap if I break it I will treble my money
The volvo engine I already have
The engine is in and mounted using volvo mounts just got to wire it up and away I go
Just the props shaft and gear stick to sort
Looking into the weight it's not a lot heavier than the Honda lump
And with a bucket load more torque
As for fuel economy I couldn't give a rats arse otherwise I would have bought a Prius

As I understand it a Honda s2000 has 240hp with **** all torque
Volvo with have almost double the torque at half the rpm

As for chick with a dick that made me laugh

But you all sound like a bunch of bitching school girls

See what i said earlier about not telling us enough?
NOW you say its it.. OK... Its in...done deal..

Now, whatchoo asking about the Penta crank if the Volvo lump's already in?

Tell us more. Like if you're in OZ or in Pommieland cause again it makes a difference..Different junk is easier to find in some places than the other.

Are you planning on building a reliable engine?

Yeah, shine on you crazy diamond.

210 is not hard to come by at all in a redblock.

No real difference in forged or cast iron in terms of a 210 hp engine, even the people making 300, 400+ and blowing them up aren't braking cast cranks when they do.

You can get a reliable 240hp out of a redblock with no problem.

If the thing is installed already, then wire it up and have fun. Redblocks can be had for practically free, I'm sure that is not the case with the Honda engine that belongs in that car.

The penta crank is of no interest to me
It is an engine that I got from a boat yard because I want the front distributor drive and and aux shaft
I was asking how to identify it so I didnt chuck out something that is usefull to someone

You can get a reliable 240hp out of a redblock with no problem.

If the thing is installed already, then wire it up and have fun. Redblocks can be had for practically free, I'm sure that is not the case with the Honda engine that belongs in that car.

Exactly

The penta crank is of no interest to me
It is an engine that I got from a boat yard because I want the front distributor drive and and aux shaft
I was asking how to identify it so I didnt chuck out something that is usefull to someone

So put it in for sale for $1K plus shipping and have some walking around money for your build.

Well crankshaft turned out to cast not forged
But thanks for the help
And here is a pic of the hovlov for all you grumpy old men (and school girls 240240):pat::pat::urgod::finger::nancy:

Last edited:
I'm not sure what these guys are thinking.. an S2000 with a b230 is something I'd totally own.. Haters may hate but that **** is gonna be awesome!

Well... I guess I'd own an S2000 if it were cheap enough regardless.

Also why is the distributor seemingly 8" too tall? Edit: Other also, most guys I've talked to only have two gripes about S2000s. #1 is absolutely no guts below 5k, and #2 is completely unrelated, being available in ragtop only.

I'm impressed. I didn't think it would get this far. Still more work to do but you've gone further than 75% of these type of threads.

The man is smart. It's a weird swap for sure, but he's exactly right in terms of 240 hp vs 240 hp. The lower revving worse engine that makes the same power will almost certainly have more torque. As will be this case, 2.0 or 2.2 NA vs 2.3+T, the *average* power will be far higher, shift to shift, if the ratios are appropriate. LOL @ school girls and old men :-) Let's hope they can take as much ribbing as they dish out :-D

Nice swap, there are probably a few of these done already in Sweden as they stick reb blocks in everything.

I would be happy to drive a Honda with a Volvo engine, the swap should sort out most of what is wrong with them

Back