• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230F 'chip' on Amazon

Get to Stage 0 and then start sourcing parts for a +T build. :oogle:

I serviced this car for past 5 years and recently moved out of the house where i had a garage, so I dont see upgrading in near future on my own and shops in california just want way too much. I will look into what is stage 0.
Thank you

From the picture, it includes 2 vampire tap connectors. Most likely, it's just a resistor that gets jumpered across the coolant temperature sensor causing the ECU to always see a lower-than-actual temperature. This will cause the engine to run rich, which might give a bit more power but will waste fuel, and possibly fowl the cat&plugs.

It works with all types of volvo 240s! Looks like a dream come true!

Volvo did much of the hard work for you with adding a turbo. You can use mostly factory parts for much of the install if you want and save $$.

You can get also get a small but decent increase in power n/a. But for the biggest bang for your buck add the turbo.

For just improving the daily driver you can change the cam pretty easily and make an otherwise stock engine much better. Try buying an A or B cam. That will make even a stock engine much more driveable especially on the freeway. If you also use an adjustable sprocket that makes the power band adjustable. Changing the cam is something you can do in a day and do it wherever you do maintenance on your car.

It works with all types of volvo 240s! Looks like a dream come true!

Volvo did much of the hard work for you with adding a turbo. You can use mostly factory parts for much of the install if you want and save $$.

You can get also get a small but decent increase in power n/a. But for the biggest bang for your buck add the turbo.

For just improving the daily driver you can change the cam pretty easily and make an otherwise stock engine much better. Try buying an A or B cam. That will make even a stock engine much more driveable especially on the freeway. If you also use an adjustable sprocket that makes the power band adjustable. Changing the cam is something you can do in a day and do it wherever you do maintenance on your car.

Sorry for the thread jack, but are A and B cams ones that came in cars? Where does someone get one?

From the picture, it includes 2 vampire tap connectors. Most likely, it's just a resistor that gets jumpered across the coolant temperature sensor causing the ECU to always see a lower-than-actual temperature. This will cause the engine to run rich, which might give a bit more power but will waste fuel, and possibly fowl the cat&plugs.

Yes, we've seen $50+ power boosters over the years which added a resistor in series with the AMM to save fuel or one in series with the ECT sensor to make more horses. A good clue is when you see the related ads with the same picture for every other make of automobile. Would kill me to buy a 1/4W resistor for $70. It is not like you're buying know-how in a Charles P. Steinmetz fashion. :)

I serviced this car for past 5 years and recently moved out of the house where i had a garage, so I dont see upgrading in near future on my own and shops in california just want way too much. I will look into what is stage 0.
Thank you

Dude, you've learned so much in 4 months. I am genuinely impressed.

shouldn't this thread be in performance <or OT>?

Back