View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:02 AM   #6
John242Ti
LH-Jet & Carb Free Zone

Re: heated seats... Last time was the last time I drove the 764Ti. So, Monday night. Same with the 745Ti...

Not a bad looking wagon. I'd pull the rack and, for now, grab 8 5/8" rubber grommets and 8 3/8" black nylon hole plugs. Goop'em up and install them in the holes after removing the wellnuts. Eventually, either use Fiberall or structural urethane with some strips of sheetmetal cut to fit where the holes are. You'll want to drop the headliner to do this, so maybe do it when/if you install a glass 960 moonroof. The reason there are no slats is because the person who installed the rack didn't add them. A bit better, in that when you do remove it, there will only be four slightly darker spots on the roof.

If I remember correctly, there is a 740 Turbo wagon at one of the PnP yards down there that is the same color as yours. It may have a fuel filler door with hinge. If not, Lynnwood PnP has an '86 wagon that's the slightly lighter blue shown on my 245 in the signature below. It still had one on it the last time I looked (last weekend).

-J

1982 242Ti - black, M46. 1985 245Ti - blue, M46. Formerly Blue245Ti, 245GT-Turbo, and, originally 242GT-Ti.
John242Ti is offline   Reply With Quote