• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The V8 245

Well, some plans has change. The blue wagon was in some kind of front end collision in the past and someone did a very poor job trying to fix it. It became too big of a project that I wanted to tackle to repair it. I decided to part it out and junk the rest. With no suspension, rear end, door and interior I got a whole $20 for the shell.

So I found a 88 245 with no roof rack and been owned by the same owners for the last 14 years.

Last edited:
Not a v8 swap guy. But if I was, this would be it.
Watching.
Love to see the final product.
And on an "lol" note, I wager your mpg won't be far off if not better than the B230.

I've noticed that even the V8 guys are making 20-something MPGs.

Redblocks are really inefficient.

Not a v8 swap guy. But if I was, this would be it.
Watching.
Love to see the final product.
And on an "lol" note, I wager your mpg won't be far off if not better than the B230.

The b230 in the wagon has to be the slowest b230 I ever driven. The PO drove it five miles a day to the bus transit station to park their car.

My friend has a 5.3 behind a 4l60e in his wagon and gets mid 20s

Last edited:
I've hit and sustained low 20's with a 6.2 in an AWD Escalade. Set the cruise at 70, with enough leg in the arse, and I bet you see 30~ on a road trip.

My 4.11 2005 Suburban, with factory 4.11's, and 285/70/17 Mud Tahr's, did a hand calculated 17 highway.

Never should have walked from that into a Rover.... Buying that Rover was the same final outcome of a Heroin or Crank addiction.... Penniless, Destitute, and Crawling my way back to the top with nothing.... lol

But I digress..

A little supercharger and EFI Live that bad boy, and efficient fun at your toes.

19 years with a 5.0L (about 330hp) in my 242. Around town 17-19 mpg, highway 25-27. Best interstate tank 28.7. Geared to see about 2000-2300 rpm in the 65-70 range. Just pulled the 5.0L out and dropping 6.2LS3 in --- hope to see 30 mpg on the highway. We will see. Keep rpm down with lazy efi V8 torque down low and mileage is about as good as the NA 4 banger if you keep your foot out of it. Careful on cam choice though - you can make gobs more power at peak, but hurt torque/efficiency down low and fuel mileage will show it. For most 240 LS conversions, they don't mind the hit for the cam swap.

I'd like to see a 6.2/8 spd, or Hemi/ZF-8spd... if that with 3.92:1 gears can propel a fullsize half ton down the 1/4 in 14.1, and yield 21-2~ highway....

I'd wager near 30, and low 13's.

We went upto Seattle one year with my friend, we drove the 5.3 240 wagon 4l60e. Did 75mph the whole way up on I5. Filled up before we left Portland. Filled back up when we left and did about 25mpg. His gearing right now is 3.54 or 3.73. He should put in a 3.31 gearing in to get better hwy mileage.

Back