• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carbed 245...

I've done something similar to this to get a car running. I had a big motorcycle carb,its what I used when I was buying cars and I wanted to hear the engine spin.

I'm intrigued at what the air fuel ratio is.

19:1 at wot:lol: put a wideband on there and tune it. I bet it'll run even better

Y'know, I didn't think to check, but I bet it's running a bit rich, I can smell it. I'll pull one tonight when I get home, and shoot pictures of the whole system. I wish I could get my hands on a cheap wideband, It would be pretty fun to see what it's throwing out. It sucks on gas mileage, I suspect it's just dumping it in there.

Y'know, I didn't think to check, but I bet it's running a bit rich, I can smell it. I'll pull one tonight when I get home, and shoot pictures of the whole system. I wish I could get my hands on a cheap wideband, It would be pretty fun to see what it's throwing out. It sucks on gas mileage, I suspect it's just dumping it in there.

I guess running too rich is slightly better than too lean. You probably won't ping running too rich but it may be washing the cylinder walls with fuel causing premature wear.

(Not that it matters because of how cheap it was)

Despite what everyone thinks. This system works on a tiny carb. The only problem is this might hit peak at like 2500rpm, then you'll lean out above that..think of it this way, if you can go way up on size for carbs or even dual carbs, you can go that much down....in theory...and kind of in real life. Its a multi circuit carb, you'd be amazed at what they can do.

On mopeds its way easier because I'm only dealing with one cylinder.

You don't even need a wideband. Bake and clean the plugs and start doing plug chops until you find out optimal performance/mpg at what rpm. Do you have a tach?

Surprisingly, yes, I do have a tach. Whether or not it's accurate is a different story. I'm considering getting an actual carbed and proper manifold for this car, the plumbing can't be terribly different. That's if I can find one...

Surprisingly, yes, I do have a tach. Whether or not it's accurate is a different story. I'm considering getting an actual carbed and proper manifold for this car, the plumbing can't be terribly different. That's if I can find one...

#1 try and tune this
#2 be different.
#3 Prove people wrong.
#4 ???
#5 profit

And at the end have a car that gets 35mpg.

How high can you get it to rev? And does it start pinging at high rpm?

The tach doesn't even have to be accurate. Ass long as it doesn't bounce around you can use it to tune.

Nope, no pinging, it pulls all the way through, no bogs or lulls in power. Honestly, other than his alleged MPG rating (which I have no way of verifying due to non-working fuel gauge.)

I will indeed get to tuning, soon as I make sure the suspension won't fall out from under me. Parts on order. It's scary to drive as is.

Nope, no pinging, it pulls all the way through, no bogs or lulls in power. Honestly, other than his alleged MPG rating (which I have no way of verifying due to non-working fuel gauge.)

I will indeed get to tuning, soon as I make sure the suspension won't fall out from under me. Parts on order. It's scary to drive as is.

Run car out of gas, fill full tank, watch odometer? Remember where you went and use Google maps to see miles traveled? Keep gallon of gas in trunk.

Easy enough to fix. The gas gauge doesn't need to work to track mileage.
1. Fill car
2. Drive a a week or 2, fill up again.
3. Note how many miles you've driven since previous fill up and divide by gallons it took to fill this time.

And that's how you math.

Lol

Because gasoline evaporation doesn't mean anything.

$150 car,....hmmm how's that charcoal canister holding g up.....oh wait....this is tbricks.

Charcoal canister is loooonnnnnggggggg gone. haha

Hole is plugged with a fitted stopper of some sort. I'll stick my camera down there when i go back out.

You keep speaking of these pictures youll take....

*cant post that "well...were waiting!" Gif.*

Last edited:
I have a 85 yamaha virago 1000.
I have done some research and some convert to one carb, they just drill the jets out.
Maybe the same thing here.

Oh and post a video of it running. Otherwise i don't believe any part of this.

Back