• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brown 244 GL

Love this car. Great story telling.

Thanks Carl! :)

This weekend the car will do a 500km roundtrip to P?cs and back. I just finished installing the aftermarket cruise control from the blue donor car, and checked a few things on the car... Whoa, how good that i did it!
After it was assembled, front suspension slowly developed a clunk (or was there from the beginning? I'm not sure). It could be easily reproduced via braking. When the struts were disassembled, i checked them and they had some slight radial play at their rod ends, like ~1-1,5mm. So I always thought the clunk was caused by the old struts. Well, not so... Crossmember bolts were loose... All of them... :roll: :oops:
It seems like the paint was a little bit too thick between the surfaces, and the assembly happened too quickly after engine bay paintjob. Paint swelled around those 4 bolts and looked ugly aswell... :-(

So i removed the bolts one by one, removed all loose paint around and under the bolts and put them back with 84Nm, marked the bolt heads so i can see if they back out or not. Cavity waxed the surrounding bare surfaces around bolts.
Also tightened the sway bar endlinks to get the rubbers stiff. I don't remember if I assembled them that loose or they backed out...
After a quick spin, guess what? The front suspension is finally as tight as it can ever get with these struts. Body still needs GT tower, and lower crossmember braces because it flexes around, but now it feels much better.

For the trip I also swapped back the summer tires. (sunny weekend with 10-15celsius) These winter tires are, uhm, crap. Cracked and shaky, especially around 100-110kmh.

So yeah, thats it for now. University status seems promising also, just need to pass the last last state exam. After that, I'll start working, so +T project will get some funds. :cool:

Well, the car did the trip which became 600km overall. Had a great time there, P?cs is a nice place!
Suspension is still nice and now it felt much nicer on twisty mountain roads. Sadly, the rebuilt gearbox started making noise on deceleration in fourth gear on the way down. On the way back it started making noise on decel in third, and slightly in fifth too. :-(
So out it will come and I'll inspect the damn thing, and I hope i find whatever makes that annoying rattling noise. Fortunately in fifth it was constantly good, so i was not worried about it too much. One thing to mention that I did not shim the big bearings too well as I just wanted to try the box out to finish my thesis, maybe its only that... Who knows. :oops:

There were two more problems that I found annoying:
Speedo got funky sometimes, so I will try and make it proper, as well as the wiring underneath...
Interior started making more and more noises (roads were not so nice), so I will remove it in the summer and will try to make it silent. Also I think my door hinge bolts are a bit loose, too, just as the crossmember bolts were. :grrr:

Not much happened to brownie the last few weeks, but I finally finished university so I can start working and earn money for +Teee and other fun adventures/projects. :cool:

Last weekend was super busy, 12david34 came to LH2.4 swap his 245. Fortunately wiring-wise it was easy as the whole wiring came from his donor car. Fab wise just the usual stuff that is needed from k-jet to LH, few holes, threads here and there.
David did a good job collecting all the parts:
27711341_1605510406205952_770812606_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
27836440_1611773682246291_2111656590_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr

However he wanted to keep the flat flywheel, and wanted to do the swap without removing the engine-trans from the car. So thats why i designed this trigger wheel setup:
25434039_1558157350941258_1087035331_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
26972069_1589790744444585_1913338071_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
27651212_1605470612876598_1381837244_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr

It has the same 60-2 layout as the flywheel, just on a smaller diameter. Its super easy to align it, just turn the crank to the tdc alignment mark on the pulley, line up the alignment mark with the sensor and torque the little screws. I was a bit worried about the size difference between the flywheel and this, that it may wont even make good enough signal to LH... But eventually it started on first try! Sounded, idled great, at monday 2am! We were so tired that we just left everything there and went to sleep.

Next day we finished the conversion and went on a testrun. We immediately noticed that its loosing signal around 4500rpm. Felt like a dead stop there. Back to the garage and it seemed that the sensor made contact with the wheel. Whoops! It needed a little more gap, and a rocksolid mount. It felt promising that the only fault code it showed was the crank sensor.
Well the rocksolid mount took a whole afternoon to make, and it became so ugly that i wont even show it there. :rofl:
The swap already took longer than we planned, and David had to go to work on tuesday... Quick testrun again and the engine finally revved up to revlimit nicely, not loosing signal, not showing any fault codes. So we were happy that it finally worked as it should and David left at monday 9pm... Car did fine on the way back, not missing a beat!
Only needs the idle fixed because its a little funky (but still better than k-jet) and a proper mounting of the crank sensor. :nod:

Not much happened to brownie the last few weeks, but I finally finished university so I can start working and earn money for +Teee and other fun adventures/projects. :cool:

Last weekend was super busy, 12david34 came to LH2.4 swap his 245. Fortunately wiring-wise it was easy as the whole wiring came from his donor car. Fab wise just the usual stuff that is needed from k-jet to LH, few holes, threads here and there.
David did a good job collecting all the parts:
27711341_1605510406205952_770812606_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
27836440_1611773682246291_2111656590_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr

However he wanted to keep the flat flywheel, and wanted to do the swap without removing the engine-trans from the car. So thats why i designed this trigger wheel setup:
25434039_1558157350941258_1087035331_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
26972069_1589790744444585_1913338071_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
27651212_1605470612876598_1381837244_o by P?ter Gede, on Flickr

It has the same 60-2 layout as the flywheel, just on a smaller diameter. Its super easy to align it, just turn the crank to the tdc alignment mark on the pulley, line up the alignment mark with the sensor and torque the little screws. I was a bit worried about the size difference between the flywheel and this, that it may wont even make good enough signal to LH... But eventually it started on first try! Sounded, idled great, at monday 2am! We were so tired that we just left everything there and went to sleep.

Next day we finished the conversion and went on a testrun. We immediately noticed that its loosing signal around 4500rpm. Felt like a dead stop there. Back to the garage and it seemed that the sensor made contact with the wheel. Whoops! It needed a little more gap, and a rocksolid mount. It felt promising that the only fault code it showed was the crank sensor.
Well the rocksolid mount took a whole afternoon to make, and it became so ugly that i wont even show it there. :rofl:
The swap already took longer than we planned, and David had to go to work on tuesday... Quick testrun again and the engine finally revved up to revlimit nicely, not loosing signal, not showing any fault codes. So we were happy that it finally worked as it should and David left at monday 9pm... Car did fine on the way back, not missing a beat!
Only needs the idle fixed because its a little funky (but still better than k-jet) and a proper mounting of the crank sensor. :nod:
let me do it for ya, because im proud to show to TB audience ,,the baby of our unique ingenuity??
:rofl:
27709532_1612089048881421_8999968871261099067_o.jpg

the gesture says it all LOL :finger:

Thanks!

Interested to see the solution for the mount.

Will show it when its done. Haven't started it yet...

Anyways, finally this crappy winter brought some snow. Still not the best, but i could finally try this beast out in the snow. Had some fun, currently on summer tires, but whatever. :-P :lol:
DSC01270 by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
Doing donuts around the pole, pretty fun!

DSC01259 by P?ter Gede, on Flickr

Car handles great, open diff ruins experience a bit in this half-wet snow, but thats the weather's fault. :lol:
I'm curious how would it handle on some proper new winter tires though! Straight line accelerating can be funny, but other than that its pretty predictable to drive as it is. :nod:
Also I ran without anything heavy in the trunk.

Last edited:
It was snowing constantly for 4-5 days, went for some snow fun but had nothing on the roads... I said what the heck, try some wet roundabouts. It does them nicely even with open diff :-D
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4_bHB2laSTc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
some proper sliding. should definitely stiffen suspension though!

Yeah, felt good after all these years. :-P
Well, car definitely has some bodyroll and bouncyness, but I like it! Also the roads are usually crap and I don't want to make it less comfy than it is.
I want to add larger or double sways in the future though, that should help making it a bit more stable in corners.

Random S90 at the restaurant where my gf works:
20180227_114635[1] by P?ter Gede, on Flickr

I love driving it in this weather (between -5 and -15 Celsius), plenty of cold snow on the road, no slushy crap. It's funny to start from a redlight, everyone takes it easy and slow, and I'm fishtailing forward. :w00t:

Went on some snow fun again, it was awesome! :-D
20180228_003935[1] by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
Got stopped by police when we was heading home. Fortunately I felt like i shouldn't do full width drifting on a four lane street (it was soo tempting), so they only saw me sliding onto a bridge from a distance. I got some usual advices that i should drive according to road conditions, I was like :nod: :nod:

Finally had some time to fiddle with my front seats. It always irritated me how much gangsta lean was there, and how much my back hurt occasionally because of it. Yeah, I drove more than 6000km this way. :roll:
I knew the back frame was straight, but the adjustment needs seat removal and partial disassembly. Today I had some spare time so i pulled both seats and got them straight. Also loosened the seat belt strap in the seat a bit.
20180405_212901 by P?ter Gede, on Flickr

Went for a quick spin, holy hell, it feels like a different car now! :lol:
Also repaired this little safety switch under the passenger seat to annoy occasional passengers:
20180405_204505 by P?ter Gede, on Flickr

Oh, and I've been working too since mid march, and its pretty nice to earn some money finally. Some of it will go straight into brownie in the near future. :-D
Other than these my brother and I started fixing up an Audi Coupe for a guy, because nobody would touch an old K-Jet car which was already rebuilt very poorly. Loose bolts all around randomly, wiring funkyness, stuck distributor, ****ty rubber hose routing and sealing... After we properly put back the intake manifold and sealed all air leaks the car just wouldnt start because it got sooo much fuel it flooded itself. :lol:
Fixed up analog idle control too, its a pretty neat feature. I actually got in love with the character of this 10v 5cyl K-Jet engine! I already started looking for a D24/M46 bellhousing to adapt one into the blue mockup car.
Anyways, car is running decent now, no smoke, no stuttering, no high idle, runs as it should!
20180330_182950-ps by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
First test drive after we got it running decent. Front bumper was also fubarred but we wanted to try it that day without messing with it, so we just rigged up the plate and the turn signal bulbs.
27387090378_02e4d2ac19_b.jpg
[/url]20180330_183024-ps by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
This degree wheel was pretty helpful to understand its ignition more and set it up just right.

Last edited:
Had some time to wash off winter crap from the underside of the car:
20180406_162402 by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
It was so restful to wash all the dirt and salt off... Also decided to wash the engine bay the first time, because why not. I was surprised still how pretty it is!
20180406_180602 by P?ter Gede, on Flickr
Exhaust side looks so empty. :ninja:
Hood bottom needs some elbow grease to get all the burnt dirt off, but after that its definitely going to be presentable.

20180406_180702 by P?ter Gede, on Flickr

Back