• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm not sure what to look for.. 1990 745 TIC

Mbeas96

Car is a 1990 745 lh2.4 sbabbs chips fuel and ezk, 391cc @ 3.8bar t5 injectors, resistor pack bypassed. 16t 15psi

I'm just gonna say, I drove the cap outta this car all morning. From 10am to about 3 pm, in 100 degree
Charleston stop and go traffic. When I cut it off, I went to eat with the family. Come back out, go to start the car, no crank. No click. All lights are one, fp primes, but nothing happens. I jump the starter and it starts right up. Okay.

I start driving, it idles trying to keep 14.7 on my aem wideband, but I hit the gas, it pegs to 10.0. It'll climb back up slowly to 14.7, then it doesn't richen up till 8+ psi. Its supposed to go full lean when the car is engine braking, but it will go 16 - 17 when I hit the gas again after coming off the brake. It seems like the injectors aren't keeping up with what the throttle is doing? I rechecked my resistor pack bypass, which i dont feel like is easy to mess up...but it looks good.

I got a 2-3-2 code with no CEL light. Too rich or too lean? But where to start looking?

Startimg problem didnt happen again, at least not yet. Ive checked all connections by hand..wiggle test, and id say a quick check of air connections for boost/vac leaks. But it was fine all day till after lunch

So after the car sat for a while, cooled down, it had no issues on the drive home. This morning I decided to drive it work 60 miles, no issues at all. The afrs are back to normal and they ricjened up in boost like they should. The car has power again.

Is it possible it was extremely heat soaked/hot? Ny gauge didn't move, but I havent removed the "temp faker" plus my "overheat fan" that's connected to the switch in the radiator was on right after I had to jump the starter. It stayed on till i let the car sit.

Warm weather (or any extreme weather hot or cold) can make old cars act funny IME. If the problem went away, I’d forget about it for now:lol:

Lol that's awesome....I think the goal now is to improve my cooling system to take the beating. it seemed to drove fine otw home as well. (No traffic cause its Saturday) I didnt get into full boost, but AFRs were good, and I didnt hear any pinging :cool:

Ill have to do some reading and see what happens in the next few days. It hasn't happened since, but electrical things, ive learned tend to be very intermittent and annoying.

Back