• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 N/A cams?

I have a b cam in my automatic 86 240 B230F and it has a lot more midrange to upper end power compared to my old M. I will soon swap to an m47 5 speed but it should still be a good NA cam.

****ing Jesus.

stfu snob. Not everyone has the seniority on this sight like you do, it's not the same group of people asking the same questions.

heres your :twocents: keep em'.

and back on topic......

A, B, K, & M cams are all volvo cams, there are others out there like the VX. If I were you i'd get a adjustable timing gear and start with that. then find a hotter than stock cam to put in.

this should help too.
http://turbobricks.org/specs.php?content=camshafts

Last edited:
stfu snob. Not everyone has the seniority on this sight like you do, it's not the same group of people asking the same questions.

heres your :twocents: keep em'.

and back on topic......

A, B, K, & M cams are all volvo cams, there are others out there like the VX. If I were you i'd get a adjustable timing gear and start with that. then find a hotter than stock cam to put in.

this should help too.
http://turbobricks.org/specs.php?content=camshafts

Thank you for putting thing into prospective. Seniortiy does not equate to crudeness or rudness. I am much older than most of you I think. When I think performance I think of MEN who did not resort to anything more that immaculate port work and carefully selected parts OFF OF THE SHELF to make their "ponies". That is the era that I grew up in. I think that camshaft, port configurataion, valve overlap and exhaust scavenging have their place in this arena just as much a "mergasquirt", nitrous and some other "instant gratification fixes".

Thank you for having the courage to voice what I have been thinking since the last post made in response to a simple quesrion by me.

Tom

thanks guys, i really appriciate the input...
im looking at ways to up my performance with out turbocharging...
i know thats almost a sin to some of you, but i dont want to mess with my engine that much just yet

so i should look for the adjustable timing gear (ipd?) and then look for what cam, be it volvo or aftermarket...?

A or B is cheap and better.

VX gave my car a wide torque band.

K is more noticable (lumpy) at idle and comes alive in the mid/upper RPM range. It's dead off idle for the most part.

cst805;1362495sno said:
stfu b. Not everyone has the seniority on this sight like you do, it's not the same group of people asking the same questions.

Actually it is the same group asking the same questions. That's the whole point, genius. Seniority has nothing to do with learning to figure things our for yourself. I've asked maybe twenty questions on here in the six years I've been on turbobricks, and answered the remaining few hundred by looking up things on the damn site.

Now considering that this is a Volvo performance forum and I'd just arrived to the site and had a functioning brain I'd be safe in assuming that somewhere in the archives (perhaps even thousands of places) people may have already covered how to make a NA Volvo faster.

That'd seem to negate the OP's question, wouldn't it?

This forum is a giant doorway to a library of Volvo performance knowledge, and he's asking everybody but him to walk through the doorway, into the library, find his info for him, and bring it back to him.

and you think that's ok.

Don't give me your ****ing two cents and applause ****. Support doing the goddamn research, not asking questions that have already been documented a thousand times.

A-Rode, if you want the most bang for your buck, get a K cam from a canadian B23E, drill out your cam gear for a new locating pin that moves it 6 degrees advanced, and search for the timing advance trick on here. You'll pick up maybe 20hp for less than $100.

Last edited:
N/A Stuff

A-Rode, I would be willing to hear anything on N/A perf.

Building a N/A myself for my boat - B23. I need to extract as much HP as I can without forced induction. The engine is proped to Max rev @5500, so I too need to find the most suitable cam for this range. I have the STD D cam, a spare D from the B23 I'm building and an A cam. I hope to try a K.
There is heaps of info on the board here.... I read, I read and I think that you need to try to find what works for your particular application.

Good luck... keep us posted..... I will.

Guys in Oz maybe have a chat with Ash - he's on here as Ashvolvo and he's done a fair bit of work in his NA 240. To the point that its a pretty quick jigger!!!

H cam is a pretty good start, but i believe that head work is where its at mostly with the NA's

HTH

Actually it is the same group asking the same questions. That's the whole point, genius. Seniority has nothing to do with learning to figure things our for yourself. I've asked maybe twenty questions on here in the six years I've been on turbobricks, and answered the remaining few hundred by looking up things on the damn site.

Now considering that this is a Volvo performance forum and I'd just arrived to the site and had a functioning brain I'd be safe in assuming that somewhere in the archives (perhaps even thousands of places) people may have already covered how to make a NA Volvo faster.

That'd seem to negate the OP's question, wouldn't it?

This forum is a giant doorway to a library of Volvo performance knowledge, and he's asking everybody but him to walk through the doorway, into the library, find his info for him, and bring it back to him.

and you think that's ok.

Don't give me your ****ing two cents and applause ****. Support doing the goddamn research, not asking questions that have already been documented a thousand times.

A-Rode, if you want the most bang for your buck, get a K cam from a canadian B23E, drill out your cam gear for a new locating pin that moves it 6 degrees advanced, and search for the timing advance trick on here. You'll pick up maybe 20hp for less than $100.

With Isaac on this one. From new TBrickers I expect it. But someone with 650+ posts should know to search before starting another thread on the same topic that comes up at least every other month. search "n/a power" or "n/a cam".

Back