• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

21gnslt.jpg

So sorry man. I know how much you loved that car.

If you do need help finding another one I'll keep an eye out around Santa Cruz for a 242, and when it comes time we can put all the stuff from 81' into it.

September blows. Last September I lost my R. Glad you are okay, and really hoping this really is'nt the start of a string of TB wrecks. They happen a few at a time.

Wow, so I wasn't expecting this...I opened this thread in excitement to possibly see a new mod done to your 242. To open it and see this............Realistically you can buy it back, strip the interior, yank the eikers, all suspension components, yada yada and do it again. Put it behind you, +1 to hear you're ok, looks like it was a nasty one!

Sorry you had to see this Don.:-(

**** me Logan i dead set **** myself when i first saw the pics of your car!!

Do i take it from your brief rundown that ****ty tyres/tires :-P had something to do with the accident??? Take this as a lesson kiddies - dont be afraid to spend a LITTLE bit more on rubber for your car it could save you lotsa money in the longrun!!!

Glad you are ok dude and look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Oh my god.. I'm so sorry to to see this...!

I know how it feels, since I crashed my 244 this summer. At least it's being rebuilt now, I will never let that car go.

but I loved your car :( How did the other car fare? what was it?

*pours out quart of oil in silent remembrance of the 242*

*only after carefully positioning the oil filler on my car underneath...*

I just checked this out. Glad to see both of you guys made it through that. The car did it's job well. I had a bad crash when I was young with my sister in the car. I caused it and have learned a lot from that day. Take care and I hope you heal up fast.
+1

Some people learn the hard way. I flipped a Subaru Impreza driving like a moron with my best friend in the car. Luckily we both walked away unhurt, and I gained a new respect for what not to do on the street.

EFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't read the thread yet, but yeah. ****!!!!!!!

Thanks again everyone for the support and kind words. These last few days have been rough. I have been going to my new job on only 4 hours (at the most) sleep per night. Let me tell you though, it REALLY helps to have good friends right now.

I got an estimate today on both my cars (for those who don't know, my other 242 got rear-ended about a year and half ago and never got fixed, but its still around) This one is gone. The guy refuses to touch it, and after his explanation, I don't blame him. My other car needs about $4500 worth of repairs, and then all this will go into it. (Horray for more debt!! :grrr:) My profile picture is the only picture I have of it right now, so look there so you know which one I am talking about.
Sorry Logan, but glad your ok (btw we gave you that avatar at the bowling night cause you weren't there... I feel bad about it now)
I figured as much. No worries. I'm more too lazy and uncreative at the moment to change it than anything else. :-P
its better to live with a mistake than to die because of one.
indeed. Very much indeed.
That's a horrible looking accident, and really unfortunate to happen to such a nice example of a 242. I've never totalled a car, but I've smashed mine up a few times. Look on the bright side and try to learn from it, whether it's something you could have done differently, or something you will do next time. Crashes have taught me a lot more than close calls, but the experience is never fun.
I have definitely learned some things from this. Unfortunately, it is stuff I already thought I knew, but apparently not well enough. Sure was a blow to my ego...
It looks like the cowl is buckled at the lower corner of the windshield. Can't believe the windshield didn't crack.
It did. In two places. Its just hard to tell in those pics. If you stare at the first pic, you can kinda see it...

There are tons of good parts still on the car. Strip it and start over. Save that dash!
You better believe it. The whole interior is going into my other car as well as the engine, tranny, suspension and a few exterior parts like trim and tail lights.

I must have stared at those pics for half an hour this morning. I couldn't find anything on the front end that I didn't have my hands on. I'm crushed, but more than that, I'm so glad you guys walked away from it.
I'm so incredibly sorry, Don. When I was at the crash site sobbing like a little girl, one of the many things that was haunting my mind was how much this car meant to you as well. I feel terrible. :-(
What was the other car, how did they make out?
80s Toyota Corrola, and not well. I really hope he is ok, but nobody has heard from him since Friday. (No, he is not dead. Just uninsured and without a driver's license)
personal tip: get that one gone asap as it's presence will remid you, with it gone you can move on! i've learnt this as mine is still sat in the yard nearly a year after my accident and while ever it's been there i ain't forgotten!
Thats good advice. As much as I hate to get rid of it, It hurts to see it every time I come home from work. I will strip it as soon as possible and have it on its way...
If you have a bbq- even I might make it out. I remember the first day you got that car; like a kid in a candy shop :(
Logan- The BBQ idea should be a good think. A few of us spending a day on the car could get you well on the way to your other 242 being done. The car took a hard hit and did it's job. You're OK so lets get a plan rolling to get the other car on the road. I'll give a day or 2 to the cause. Then there's Justin, Lan and anyone else who will come out.
Huge thanks to both of you and everyone else who has offered. I will be posting a thread about the BBQ right after this. My dad will probably make his famous burgers, so it will be worth it ;-)
Yeah, I could be persuaded to drive up for that.

If only to slap Logan around a bit ;-)

j/k - c'mon, ya' gotta' laugh to keep from cryin' :nod:
lol. Thanks Don. :) That means a lot
If you do need help finding another one I'll keep an eye out around Santa Cruz for a 242, and when it comes time we can put all the stuff from 81' into it.

September blows. Last September I lost my R. Glad you are okay, and really hoping this really is'nt the start of a string of TB wrecks. They happen a few at a time.
Thanks Pat, but I got the replacement shell covered. And yeah, September does suck. This actually happened on the evening before my birthday. I got to spend the first 6 hours of my birthday in the ER... :-(
but I loved your car :( How did the other car fare? what was it?
It was one of those "you should see the other guy" situations... I feel really bad for him, but he really should not have been driving without a license...
Wow, no license or insurance, car's totalled, he's kinda screwed between whoever's car it was plus the legalities of the license/insurance bit.
Yeah... I'm kinda waiting to get sued, but I doubt it with how much he has going against him... I kinda wish I could help him, but Its hard when I am broke and he isn't even contacting anyone. Not even the police...
glad you're o.k., but damn thats a bummer.

sell me the wreck, my fleet needs parts.
If you really want it, you can have the stripped shell... Dunno what good it will be though :-P

If anyone wants the tan interior from my other car, the people who come to the meet have first dibs on leftover parts.

Edit: That has got to be my longest post ever. Took me about 25 mins...

hell yah, give em hell. they might drop your policy but f*ck 'em. there are tons of other insurance companies out there that want your business, and they're all just as bad.

Back