• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Slammed to lifted 740 wagon

I've used Diamonds before. D-Locks don't come in 5x108 so I'm gonna go with 25mm spacers. I'm gonna raise it up a bit more as well to clear the tires. 30's are big.

I've used Diamonds before. D-Locks don't come in 5x108 so I'm gonna go with 25mm spacers. I'm gonna raise it up a bit more as well to clear the tires. 30's are big.

you dont need spacers...just order a 15x7 wheel from diamond, and say you want a -5 offset on it, they'll know what to do.

I don't want to spend more than I have to. That's too negative an offset for it running the 30's. They're an 8.5" wide tire so I want to keep them inside the fender and not touch the strut. A 25mm spacer is perfecto and only $100 vs $400. Either way they're going to be heavy. The most ideal would to be redrill for 5x4.113, or redrill my 5x4.113 wheels to 5x108 but I don't think anyone around here does it.

I don't want to spend more than I have to. That's too negative an offset for it running the 30's. They're an 8.5" wide tire so I want to keep them inside the fender and not touch the strut. A 25mm spacer is perfecto and only $100 vs $400. Either way they're going to be heavy. The most ideal would to be redrill for 5x4.113, or redrill my 5x4.113 wheels to 5x108 but I don't think anyone around here does it.

Closest place is California.

can u give me some more details on the lift job i am looking to lift my 240 some pics of the front and what type of jeep cherokre did u get the springs from

very nice, this is what i wanna do on the dd- 244- although id love to do it to my 744

i to would like some deail on the mods done to the front, and rear if there were any, where did you find long enough shocks for the rear?

man this thing looks tough! you've gotta just pull the fenders with a porta power and a block of wood like the desert truck guys do. it isnt tough at all. then you'll clear bigger tires with a stock fender! and lower offset of course. and get some cheap 5x108 to 6x5.(whatever cheap alluminum wheels you find on craigslist)

i have been thinking of long-travelling this thing like my prerunner was. what does it steer like at higher speed and in braking ruts and rythm sections? is it light and responsive-ish or does it fight you? did your gas mileage change much?

very nice, this is what i wanna do on the dd- 244- although id love to do it to my 744

i to would like some deail on the mods done to the front, and rear if there were any, where did you find long enough shocks for the rear?

I got the shocks off Summit. They were Pro Comp 1000 something or other. The cheap ones. I think off an S10.

how many spring did you cut

when it was low? In half.

man this thing looks tough! you've gotta just pull the fenders with a porta power and a block of wood like the desert truck guys do. it isnt tough at all. then you'll clear bigger tires with a stock fender! and lower offset of course. and get some cheap 5x108 to 6x5.(whatever cheap alluminum wheels you find on craigslist)

i have been thinking of long-travelling this thing like my prerunner was. what does it steer like at higher speed and in braking ruts and rythm sections? is it light and responsive-ish or does it fight you? did your gas mileage change much?

those are my exact thoughts as well. I've just been driving it for now and haven't done much but fix electric things. I'd pull the fenders if the tires stuck out. Once they do I probably will. I want to radius them in the front. If I moved the gas tank to the spare tire carrier then I could four link the rear. I'd go full heim and make new trailing arms similar to camburg but probably much crappier. then triangulate it on top of the diff and run coilovers on the arms. I want to run them inside the car but the shock mount is where the seat is. I want 12" of travel at least.

At higher speeds it's stable and pitchable. You can throw it into corners and pin it and it will give a bit of oversteer and pull you through corners. On washboard stuff at 65mph it's smooth. It goes where I point it. Gas mileage changed a lot. I was getting around 300 a tank and that dropped to about 200. I'm sure it's a bit higher but the tires are reading different. The speedo is slow 10mph and with the 30's I'm sure the gearing will actually need to be changed. At 50 on the freeway (60) I'm at 2000 rpm.

I'm the guy who always says "needs moar lower". But damn, I LOVE this thing!

Here's my old car at one of my favorite times. It should satisfy your slammed car appetite. I've got a thing for cars that are driven hard.
5024076469_289ffcf2b5_b.jpg

5024686872_5a85670d80_b.jpg

5024075815_83ecc1f36c_b.jpg

5024076623_d4b0ea6909_b.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I can provide an update here. The car is being used for all things rowdy. It needs a diff but will still get airborne. The wildlife seems to like it as well. Owls especially.

The 30x9.5's are on in the rear. I should have a couple more for the front sometime soon. The rake is gone with them so I'm excited to see what it will be like with four. They clear the inner fender well and don't seem to rub too bad other than the lower quarter panel by the door. The cheap route is a hammer, or someday I'll get some traction rods made and a panhard bar to fix all the angles. The gearing will be awful for off road but it's fine as it is. I want to build some coilovers but at the same time I want a trailer and a dirt bike to do sick whips bruh.

Back