• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Runnin off the down pipe no exaust

listening to the turbo spool is stupidly fun, but its so damn loud. why not just get rid of the cat and use a straight through muff

You've got a turbo. The less back pressure the better. It allows the turbo to spool quicker. That's why the T guys go with a 3" exhaust.

The only issue i see as possible would be the heat under the passenger floor. Doesn't really matter though because that area's already shielded for the exhaust path. Not like any of us have friends that ride with us anyway...:lol:

Loud isnt' the only issue. Exhaust gases getting into the car is number one concern. I was told you don't want the pipe to end under the car at all. Idling sometime you may get a car full of deadly gases.

What about gioing 3" straight back to a rear exit? Is an aftermarket muffler not installed AFTER the axle anyways, could always add it later. I may try this when I go 3", it'll all have to be new exhaust anyways, whats an extra 18" of pipe worth, if it's too much, just throw in a muff. in place of some pipe:badboy:

Back