• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1991 744 Turbo (the Race Car)

lol, about time man! looking through these pictures is awesome, post more! you know you only need to give us a time and place and we'll come and help you do anything you want man... you have waaaaay too many brownie points built up and need to cash in on some of them before they expire ;)

There are links above most of the pics, that way people can go see more on each subject vs flooding this thread.

And yes need more stuff done here, no idea what but I need more stuff.

I need to buy a car off one of you southern state guys. Our cars are so rusty under up here.

Nice build. Plan to get into the 10s?

[looks around]

no ms? no care. msorgtfofool

Yea yea I know, I stick by the excuse that it is pointless to go ms with a stock bottom end as it will explode with that much added power.

I need to buy a car off one of you southern state guys. Our cars are so rusty under up here.

Nice build. Plan to get into the 10s?

First goal is 11.99 or faster. From there I need to get a fresh short block with rods and pistons. After that I will go ms and shoot for 11.5 so I will be forced to cage the car. After that I should be happy as it already is stupid to drive on the street.

I know Kenny's busting your chops, but Mike, I love your car. It has been in my top 5 favorite cars on Tb. It's real, it's not a show queen, it's not a "money is no object" affair, it's something the average guy can afford to build, and it looks great.

I can't wait to see it hit the track.

...and he drives to work everyday, hell he drove it 2 hours each way the other day for me to weld some stuff for it.

Autolites? You naughty man.

Hey now for years they came Kenny recommend. And in their defense they worked great up until I made a certain amount of power, at that point hey would melt after 3-4 passes at track. No issues on street.

The bpr8es work now but every 5k or so I change them. These last 3k miles they look on so we will see if I reuse once I fix hg.

...and he drives to work everyday, hell he drove it 2 hours each way the other day for me to weld some stuff for it.

^^^that

This car is a daily driver when it runs. I added a late model 940 fuel tank for the extra gallons. If I can get the mpg high enough on e85 with ms I will have no issues driving this car from state to state. I already have plans to take it out to se one of these years when it doesn't have parts I fear might fail. So right noe once I get a short block in it it will be ready for drive anywhere as I will not worry about rods breaking. Now that I have the trans issue finally sorted I am just needing engine and non bent wheels.

I will have to check out my old fuel logs but I typically put 15,000+ miles on this car a year.

115 deg weather in the desert and I dd without as @25 psi boost. The car is just pure stupid. But a new dd car with power is in the works.

First goal is 11.99 or faster.

I quit smoking. Don't care anymore!

i say. just drop in any motor you know that runs. MS that. so that once you have the built motor it's a straight swap.

It's not like you need to spend any $$$ on your ms setup right?

Goal is for myself also to say I have an 11 sec car. Baby steps before I set the bar to high. Another reason is I want one more good dyno on lh and 1/4 mile pass as I want an 11 sec 350whp daily driven lh car, something that few to none here in the US have done.

Prove to myself I can do it.

Ms is just effort, but if my mechanical **** doesn't work why add In new ems to confuse things. Plus I do not feel like I have hit a limit with lh. I can make more and go faster. My main reason and want to go ms is to gain mpg. The extra power is a bonus.

Last edited:
I quit smoking. Don't care anymore!

i say. just drop in any motor you know that runs. MS that. so that once you have the built motor it's a straight swap.

It's not like you need to spend any $$$ on your ms setup right?
We've been saying this the whole time.

Pictures from today, Pulled the head and sure enough HG was blown between 3-4. Also seems to look like all pistons come up to the same spot, if the rods are bent they are just barely bent.

The head looks stupid clean, and the valve hushers are still in 'good' shape for being 30k+ miles and 7000+ rpm with n/a springs.

sIMG_000009.jpg

sIMG_000010.jpg

sIMG_000011.jpg

sIMG_000012.jpg

sIMG_000013.jpg

sIMG_000014.jpg

sIMG_000015.jpg

sIMG_000016.jpg

sIMG_000017.jpg

sIMG_000001.JPG

sIMG_000002.JPG

sIMG_000003.JPG

sIMG_000004.JPG

sIMG_000005.JPG

sIMG_000006.JPG

sIMG_000007.JPG

sIMG_000008.JPG

While I do have a spare head here that is decked and ready to go I am going to replace a few oil lines for filter relocation kit along with redo my trans cooler lines while I have things off so it might take a week or two before I get it back on the road.

Last edited:
Back