• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MikeSr.'s 242 V-8 project

It’s a 2006 5.3 LH6, with the AFM/DOD crap removed. All aluminum block and 243 heads with flattop pistons-10.5:1CR. It has LS1 intake manifold with cable throttle. Howard’s version of the GM ASA cam with LS6 lifters and valvesprings. Injectors are Volvo 850 Turbo. Megasquirt II with fuel only and MSD 6LS/6012 ignition. Tranny is Camaro T56.

Last edited:
It?s a 2006 5.3 LH6, with the AFM/DOD crap removed. All aluminum block and 243 heads with flattop pistons-10.5:1CR. It has LS1 intake manifold with cable throttle. Howard?s version of the GM ASA cam with LS6 lifters and valvesprings. Injectors are Volvo 850 Turbo. Megasquirt II with fuel only and MSD 6LS/6012 ignition. Tranny is Camaro T56.

Who said Mike would never finish a project? Slower than the 2nd coming..... but he did it.

Gotta shout out to MikeJr., who did much of the fab work, Mike Haluska(740ATL) who spent two summer vacations helping me with the car, Kenny Howard for the tune- thanks for the 100hp- BNE, for the modded front struts, roll center correctors and rear spherical bearings. 15A for the upper strut mounts, Aaron Stiles of Detroit Muscle for early advice. And to the members of this board, whose examples and discussions helped guide me through this and to all those who sold me parts, many thanks.

MikeJr. did the exhaust fab. 2.5? with x-pipe, QTP electric cutouts, Dynomax bullets and a rear transverse muffler I got from some dude.

Last edited:
Back