• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvader

Keeping with the utilitarian build concept for Volvader, I just paid a premium to have an old ugly hitch receiver professionally powder coated! He did an incredible job on this and E-code clips I had him do for Old Irons NOS E-codes I am building! This guys quality seems to be spot on, I can't wait to start getting parts for Old Iron powder coated and ceramic coated!

Last edited:
And the clips for the Old Irons E-codes! They came out amazing, I hope everything else comes out to this level!

Last edited:
Updates........Cars, slowly getting better and better before paint and body work!

Almost new Volvo Cibie headlights! My Carlisle mega score.

Before:

During:

After:

IPD Over Loads Springs are going to be put to the test now that I have the hitch receiver installed. Instead of cutting the valance, I remove all the rusty ass brakets holding it on which allowed me to manipulate the valance. I feel like it looks better then cutting would have.

Last edited:
Volvader is really coming along!

Last weekend I had a little extra time, so I swapped on a really nice matching hood and drivers door I had gotten last year. The results were incredible, I wish I had the room in my "Old Iron" to grab the doors off that car when I was in Maryland!

Three (3) black wagons in one driveway! :0

During
[URL=http://s948.photobucket.com/user/digicam101/media/1993%20Junkyard%20Sailor/IMG_1224_zpsuv74hetr.jpg.html]

IMG_1229_zps518a2ebr.jpg
[/URL]

Shoot, these things need detailed, one tuff thing about owning so many cars, keeping them all clean and waxed!

What's up with that gigantic red star in the driveway? :???:

Btw what was wrong with the previous hood&door? They also look nice and straight. :)

What's up with that gigantic red star in the driveway? :???:

Btw what was wrong with the previous hood&door? They also look nice and straight. :)

I live in southern DE, originally a Long Island Native growing up on the gold coast. Met a Sussex County Girl. In Sussex County DE, everyone thinks they are in the deep south. When we bought this house the star was already installed on the fence. Not to say the star is necessarily a southern thing, but it seems to be a decorative element down here! haven't found a better place for it!

The hood had some dents, and these little crackly looking stars in the paint. My dent guy couldn't get the the dents b/c the inner structure of the hood. The front lip of the hood also had a few dents. This hood is in much much nicer shape overall, the car looks that much better with it!

As for the door, the day after I "bought" this car (really I traded the junkyard for a 2002 chevy impala) a guy pulled next to it with a flatbed and lowered a car right off it into my new 245. Within 48 hours of owning it I had to make an insurance claim against him!

I'll have to find photo of when that damage occured!

I live in southern DE, originally a Long Island Native growing up on the gold coast. Met a Sussex County Girl. In Sussex County DE, everyone thinks they are in the deep south. When we bought this house the star was already installed on the fence. Not to say the star is necessarily a southern thing, but it seems to be a decorative element down here! haven't found a better place for it!

Oh, so it has nothing to do with the soviet union? Because it looks exactly like the red stars that "were" on buildings here: http://kep.cdn.index.hu/1/0/500/5002/50020/5002020_6195975f22acb8deff0a2006f976d372_wm.jpg

I was born way after the soviet union fall ('89), but we still feel its effect in the economy and even in people's way of thinking. Its a little weird.

Ohh wow! No, I actually never made that connects at all, not even in the slightest! Now that you mention it, maybe I need to paint it a different color! This star is just purely a decorative southern Americana, if you can understand that!

So, car broke down on my wife yesterday. Had to have it towed after I couldn't talk her through figuring out the issue over the phone. I was pretty vexed to say the least with all the effort/money/maintenance we have put into this car. I felt bad for her, humiliating having people at work ask her what was wrong, especially when she has a brand new car sitting in the garage. Good thing though, finally got home that night at 10:30 after visiting the in-laws. Went out side and took a look at the fuse panel. Fuse four (4) was blown (fuse that runs pump). Replaced it and the car started right up. Needless to say, I told her "next time I tell you to check the fuses, check them"! Mechanic visit avoided and all it took was 2.5 minutes!

Back