• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Stock 240 / 740 / 940 spring rates

A simple chart to be added to periodically as you get measured-on-a-checker rates.
Somewhere.

OK. I'll do a search for actual tests, there are two in this thread, I think.

I will try to come up with a way to show whether the type of car was verified, i.e. if the springs had to be o.e., and some other good info.
Wire dia., overall Diameter, coil count, (for the math people) and the type of device used to measure.
I use a home-made rig, but keep all the springs labeled so I can take them to NC to run on the tester Drew uses at work.

We can get the data together, and as more people measure springs, we can add to it. So if there are several 240 sedan sets, we add them all.

OK. I'll do a search for actual tests, there are two in this thread, I think.

I will try to come up with a way to show whether the type of car was verified, i.e. if the springs had to be o.e., and some other good info.
Wire dia., overall Diameter, coil count, (for the math people) and the type of device used to measure.
I use a home-made rig, but keep all the springs labeled so I can take them to NC to run on the tester Drew uses at work.

We can get the data together, and as more people measure springs, we can add to it. So if there are several 240 sedan sets, we add them all.

And Natcherly, the commonest of afta-market springs too since the vendors can't be troubled to say what rates their stuff is...or maybe don't know..
Or maybe don't care:-(

Last edited:
And Natcherly, the commonest of afta-market springs too since the vendors can't be troubled to say what rates their stuff is...or maybe don't know..
Or maybe don't car:-(

Why would anyone publish their proprietary information?

Like for instance what kind of steel they are making flywheels out of...

So others could noodle around to find comparable parts, or make their own?

Why would anyone publish their proprietary information?

Like for instance what kind of steel they are making flywheels out of...

So others could noodle around to find comparable parts, or make their own?

The normal material for most parts automotive are known in the metal working world.
Gears, pistons, cranks, flywheels, valve guides, springs---we know what to use. And why.

Now some guys who are say garage mechanics or tuner guys don't, so they go knee-jerky and may do things for no imaginable or measurable reason, but "the Magic of the Marketplace" oughtter take care of that.

Back