• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Crack pipe or novel idea? Rear wipers on a 244

HatredSerge

Ever since I lost my wagon (RIP Zoe) and had to downgrade to my 244 (cheapest M47 car I could find at a time when I was not doing so well financially - but I'm not complaining because its a daily nothing more nothing less......that's STILL a 240 ;-) ), Ive been lamenting the loss of a rear wiper, mostly because I'm a prima-donna who's only driven wagons from 2008 until the 244 fell into my lap, and I like having a droplet/snow free rear-view in precipitation conditions.

Is it theoretically feasible to find a sprayer, all associated fluid lines, wiper assembly/motor/stalk etc. from a parts wagon and somehow retrofit it onto the back of a 244 with some drilling, cutting, welding and ingenuity? Or am I totally cray-cray?

Last edited:
Ya I'm sure it will add resale value when you go to sell it to get back into a wagon.

*not*

Don't be so sure, if ratted out P1800s are going for 17k, think about what a 244 with a REAR WIPER will go for! I could get a whole THOUSAND dollars if the planets align properly! That can buy me 10,000 marbles, 4.6 shares of Berkshire-Hathaway (class b) stock or a Mono pressing of "The Velvet Underground & Nico"

There are a bunch of Japanese domestic market sedans with rear wipers. I would try to find how those are attached, and maybe buy the parts off of one and adapt.

Don't be so sure, if ratted out P1800s are going for 17k, think about what a 244 with a REAR WIPER will go for! I could get a whole THOUSAND dollars if the planets align properly! That can buy me 10,000 marbles, 4.6 shares of Berkshire-Hathaway (class b) stock or a Mono pressing of "The Velvet Underground & Nico"

:roll:

I think you're confusing asking price with sold price.

this is such a stupid idea

Z1uw-uqcpEx_.JPG

and fix your defrost

Well, some people did it ;-)

<iframe width="773" height="435" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NX4lBvHDMs8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I always like to add more electric parts sourced from a non-Volvo vehicle integrated with so so wiring. See my signature. However, I would hate to put a hole in the cowl area that is prone to leakage and potential decay.

When I was in Jamaica there were a lot of regular looking sedans with a rear wiper. Here is a picture to get some motivation going.

Attachments

• IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 167
I can make the custom hole in the glass for you. I just can't guarantee the size. Or additional cracks...
I do believe the glass is tempered, and no way to cut a hole in it without permanant damage.

Back