• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

89 Volvo LM7 engine swap Drift Project

Yeah, angle iron, and some care on the heat input while welding, not sure if I dare check straightness :oops:

I'm guessing a mod changed the title, if so Thank You!!!

I remade my motor mounts, to center the engine, since my header plans have changed and can snug it closer the the steering shaft. It may also be slightly further back and lower. here is pics of oil pan and firewall clearance, also stock big booster fits no prob, but might be ditching that anyway. Also with the oil pan done and cross member trimmed I can slide the engine and tranny in as an assembly which is nice.

20140824_170628 by driftingd, on Flickr

20140824_170523 by driftingd, on Flickr

20140824_000345 by driftingd, on Flickr

20140824_170532 by driftingd, on Flickr

20140824_170545 by driftingd, on Flickr

20140824_170556 by driftingd, on Flickr

20140824_170516 by driftingd, on Flickr

Also ordered some qa1 single adjustable coilovers for the rear and have the 8.8 mounted with all its brackets welded up.

20140823_191025 by driftingd, on Flickr

IMG_20140731_121153 by driftingd, on Flickr

IMG_20140731_123050 by driftingd, on Flickr

Also at the moment with the engine in place and the rear at about ride height the stock mustang drive-shaft has about 2-3/8 of output shaft engagement on the slip yoke, think I'll have any problems with that?

Neither the diff or motor will be moving much under load.

Ideally I would want a little more of the yoke in the tailshaft, but I'm sure under normal driving it will be ok. It's funny how much room it looks like these cars have in the front, until you start putting the essentials back up front. -_-

Ideally I would want a little more of the yoke in the tailshaft, but I'm sure under normal driving it will be ok. It's funny how much room it looks like these cars have in the front, until you start putting the essentials back up front. -_-

Thank you.

I have some tuning I can do with the rear control arms, so I think I can bring the diff forward a tad.

Thank you.

I have some tuning I can do with the rear control arms, so I think I can bring the diff forward a tad.

I know it's not an offroad rig or anything, but with this motor and minor mods, you will be surprised on how much suspension travel you have under acceleration.

Ideally, measure from rear end flange to input seal where it meets tailshaft. DS shops will automatically know how much to compensate for yoke.

Once I added my 8.8 flange adapter nearly my entire 6" yoke is in the tailshaft.

Then put it back together! Seriously I went from fantasizing about drifting, to drifting, to having destroyed my car, been carless for a while, driving sh*tboxes, to finally having something driftable again since you decided to go V8 with this thing.

Good timing, just started hanging around here again

:-( No, due to... life... I sold the engine setup to a buddy 2 years ago, and parked the shell, I kept all the mounts and stuff to fit the volvo chassis. Not a whole lot left of the shell. I did get distracted by my 245 turbo beater that I sold, then buncha beater subarus and a rusty 240, then bought a 540i/6spd then sold and a pathfinder that I have built up a bit as a daily but just love 240's.

But recently my situation changed yet again but allows me to afford to start over so About 2 months ago I bought a 93 244 in grey with a black interior and full load and about as rust free as they get, I have been tidying it up and installing some coilovers and things. I have also started hunting for deals on lsx engine and trans options. I just want a clean street car.

43138997082_33694e4b9e.jpg
[/url]20180606_195349[1] by driftingd, on Flickr[/IMG]

28319416877_c5f6cbce1f.jpg
[/url]20180606_195403[1] by driftingd, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back