• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvette profiled in LS1Tech

True, we have seen it before. But it is nice to see a Volvo conversions getting some press.

My old 89 744 stripped and gutted hot rod weighted 2600 and there was more I was gonna do to take more out. I had lexan drivers and passenger side front door glass, aluminum hood, cut out side impact beams in the rear doors. Scraped all the sound deadning goop out of everything. Took out sunroof and replaced with piece of lexan. removed most all of interior everything. Removed all AC and heater boxes and under dash stuff. Removed all wires not needed. Had two hyundai front bucket seats. 80's bumpers are lighter. Let's see what else did I do? Ahh yeah, found manual window regulator crankers, 83 only.. Things I was gonna do to make it lighter, lexan all glass except windshield. Lexan trunk lid. Take off every bolt and nut and slice the head half way off, put back. Take off bumpers and drill 968 holes in each one.

I think Doug's is a 80's 745 so he has lighter bumpers then 90's ones, that helps a bit on lighter, easy to put 80's aluminum hood on 80's 740. Ditch the AC and the under dash AC heater cores and blower motors and the radio and it's speakers and wires and your on your way!

Here is my question. Is the Volvette back running again yet?

I've been driving my V8 wagon for 30 years now, coming up on 300,000 miles, have it out today, it'a still a blast to drive. BTW it weighs 3450 lbs with me in it and a full tank of fuel.

Back