• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b234f stroker kit

bearman683

does anybody make a kit for this engine? would it come with turbo pistons available as an option? any help appreciated.thx

found a penta AQ 171 C stroker crankshaft. what rods and pistons will I need? (there is no replacement for displacement)

he also has rods and pistons for it and says it is supposed to fit b230 block. the b234f is a dry sumped duel cammed b230 so it should work. I wonder how much hp it will make the pistons are dished and valve relieved cut already for b234f head already and is 10:1 compression do you think rods would hold up to turbo app?

just got off with seller he builds volvo motors all the time and sell parts to car guys all the time for this same swap and is 100% sure of fitment

found a penta AQ 171 C stroker crankshaft. what rods and pistons will I need? (there is no replacement for displacement)

Don't spout tired worn out clich?s without thinking..

Of course there is a replacement for displacement silly bastid.
Its called BOOST..mechanically pumping in more what?

Cubic feet of air, otherwise know as volume. Displacmemt..
The Volvo 86mm stroke cranks return about 7% increase in engine volume..

For most people its easier top just turn up the boost so that much more are gets shoved in..

Do you own a set of cheezy electronic calipers? You should.
Measure main journal..is it 55mm..then its the small journal B230..Not bad really just ALL the professional engine builders here, and everybody is, sneer at those..
So what block and what main journal dia?

more room for more air equals more hp that's the truth, you can only fit so much air in a certain amount of space so add more space=more potential power output!

found a 1990 AQ171 C just back from machine shop turned .20 under. back in the running.:) also has pistons and rod for it all stock sizes.

Last edited:
so what's the difference between the b230ft and the b234f excluding turbo/16v head respectively? one is wet sump one is a dry sump, one has external drive oil pump,one internal, one has balance shafts the other doesn't one has as interference head one doesn't each has it's pro's & cons both can be modified for power. That's why there is different options for an engine build. I have a b234f so I choose to build it if I had another engine I would build that.

The blocks are not the same. Also, the 16v car engines had a windage tray, not a dry sump. Look at dry sumps. Very different.

Back