• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SR-7145 Aux In

I was just about to ask about this myself so decided to dig up this ancient thread. I am trying to fit a SR-7145 to my car and want to attach a bluetooth interface to the tapedeck plug. Can't even find the users manual for this deck online. Can anyone explain what the "aut", weird icon button (tape deck?) do? There is also a "wb" and a "#" button... which look cool but no idea what they do. Volvo was nice enough to give me the radio code at least... now waiting my 24 hours for it to unlock itself :)

James

Volvo was nice enough to give me the code which unlocked the radio. Figured out that all those buttons are all just for the radio. No tape button etc. So it all must be controlled through the DIN plug for the deck. Hopefully this is a standard CD changer interface

Man these old radios are f'ing nightmares inside. Thing is just a tuner and a 2x20W amp... but it takes two full size single layer PCBs plus a dozen little sub-pcb's hanging out in between. Boards and mounting screws all soldered to the case. Random wire jumpers including a loose coin cell attached to wires flopping around inside. 13 pin cassette interface does not appear to be anything "standard" that I can find. One of the pins is N/C internally and 12v/Gnd are obvious taking up 4 pins. Three appear to be L/R/G. The rest all go places. I hope someone has some ideas. Maybe this was a bad one :)

your best option would be getting a TP-7045CD (if you can fit 2 DIN units) or a CD-401 (fits to standard 7/940 centre console) CD box controller which use the 8 pin Volvo SC-XXX CD deck plug and there are still some aftermarket BT modules available for those (f.e Yatour)
SR series radios cannot control the CD deck directly and you need a separate controller module for standard off-the-shelf solutions

Back